M&S Energy Operations/Account Manager
Following the recent re-launch of M&S Energy with Octopus Energy, we now have is a great opportunity to join a small and unique business unit that is focussed on delivering revenue growth, great products and services for our customers, as well as supporting the Plan A agenda.
We are looking for someone who enjoys the opportunity to engage and influence stakeholders internally and externally to ensure a successful operational business is delivered. The role requires the individual to support the Head of M&S Energy in delivering the business strategy whilst ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of the operation. The job will give the successful candidate exposure to every part of the business from Retail to Customer Services; Property to Legal and Marketing to Finance.
The ideal candidate would relish having responsibility to deliver key projects, enjoy seeing results of their work and be comfortable presenting to senior colleagues. An entrepreneurial outlook and willingness to explore creative ways to deliver growth for M&S would be an asset.
About the role
Your key accountabilities will include
- Management of multiple work streams
- Delivery of M&S contractual obligations with our energy supply partner
- Development and delivery of inspiring and effective materials for internal communications to engage HO employees and staff colleagues
- Creation and delivery of all reporting and accounting requirements
- Delivering a great customer experience that complements our brand values
- Dealing with customer enquiries, complaints and communications
- Support marketing activities and liaise with marketing colleagues
- Project management support for any new trials/initiatives including in store presence, and smart meter planning.
- Project managing key commercial work streams from M&S and our energy supplier
- Delivering all store, head office and external communication plans
- Attend and represent M&S Energy at energy and community energy events to network and publicise the brand
Your skills and experience will include
- Strong communicating and influencing skills
- A proven track record in meeting objectives and delivery of projects to deadline and managing associated costs.
- Strong attention to detail with experience of data validation, project management reporting and be able to demonstrate regular use of data to identify trends and drive commercial decisions.
- You will be proficient in use of Powerpoint, Excel and comfortable with embracing digital tools in particular Microsoft 365 group drive, one drive, sharepoint. Knowledge of SAP is an advantage but training will be provided.
- A strong understanding of retail operations in UK and ROI are an advantage