Finance Analyst - Food On The MoveLocation(s) London
This is not just any Finance team…this is the M&S Food Finance team!
M&S Food is changing, and fast! We are undergoing one of the biggest transformations in retailing today to build a bigger, better, fresher food business. From Percy Pig to the freshest M&S Select Farms produce, we grow, source and develop our own products to give our customers family-ready food that’s unbeatable on flavour and innovation.
M&S Food is forging ahead on a business transformation and Finance is playing a key role fully embedded into the business. As we partner with the business on this transformation, we are also embarking on our own course of creating and living the finance team of the future.
About the role
We now have an opportunity to join the M&S Food Finance team, covering Food on the move.
This role will play a pivotal part in supporting the business to support the delivery of revenue and operating profit targets through value-add analysis & insight and liaising with the wider Trading team to drive effective decision making across ranging, pricing, specifications and opex/capex investment.
You will be responsible for managing the delivery of the weekly P&L, encompassing some of the key strategic & high market share categories within the business, working on a number of ‘open-book’ costing programmes with our supply base.
We are looking for someone who will build excellent relationships with our business partners and who can be both in the detail, but also with the ability to maintain sight of the overall big picture.
Key accountabilities and measures
- Identifying drivers of performance to optimise our setup/offer
- Build and review Budgets, Forecasts and understand the short- and longer-term performance trends against these
- Forecast through weekly trade reviews, monthly performance analysis and Quarterly Cluster reviews
- Product and Store profitability analysis to maximise our product portfolio
- Evaluate and track the performance of all New Product Development
- Identify ‘cost out’ opportunities in our products through rigorous financial analysis and governance
- Supporting the governance of pricing decisions through identification of pricing opportunities
- Key Event tracking – develop and own key event performance tracking within the cluster and support the commercial review pre event as well as Post Implementation Reviews
Skills you will need:
- Full or partly qualified Accountant – CIMA/ACCA/ACA/CA.
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Process and system understanding
- Business Appraisal and Analysis
- Management Accounts
- Advanced Excel
- Experience / understanding of sales to gross profit is essential
- Retail Finance / FMCG / Manufacturing / Supply Chain
- Strong commercial acumen and business partnering experience
- Ability to communicate with impact to senior management, business stakeholders and wider finance teams
- Good commercial understanding of the business & market
- Quick learner, enthusiastic and solution driven
If you are enthusiastic about driving the business forward, living the transformation and working together as an impactful team, then M&S Food Finance will whet your appetite!
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk flexible working.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More