Customer Assistant Visual Merchandiser - Edgware Road
Change the way we connect with customers
M&S is changing for good and helping you shape your own career for the better. Join us as a Customer Assistant in one of our ever-evolving stores and opportunities will present themselves. Whether you’re thinking of your future at M&S or simply looking for experience in a revolutionary retail business.
We’re totally transforming the customer experience in store, which means you’ll need to bring an upbeat confidence and passion for M&S that shines through every hour of every day. And you’ll also need a digital mindset, because we’re introducing all sorts of new technologies to make your job easier. Freeing up your time to focus on the best bits, like spending time with the customer. If you have all this, you’ll get the recognition you deserve as a true customer favourite – who’s living and breathing the new and improved M&S journey.
You already know us for product innovation and uncompromising quality, but we need to keep on surprising our customers with all the ways you can help them. So when it comes to questions on anything in-store, you’ll really know your stuff. And if our customers are not quite sure what they’re after, you’ll impress with your attention and ability to tell them why they need a certain product in their life. You’ll have a bright energy that customers can’t help but respond to, always gearing towards making welcome recommendations and improving sales. There are lots of ways you can discover your potential at M&S. You just have to put your all into every moment, for every customer.In-Store FAQs
Team Support Manager
Area Manager/Support Office Roles
Deputy Store Manager
Our salaries are competitive and reviewed every year.
Receive 20% discount in-store and online for you and a partner or family member.
A minimum 28 days’ statutory holiday per year, pro-rata if you’re part time.
You can reduce your salary in exchange for up to one contractual week of additional holiday, subject to eligibility and National Living Wage requirements.
We have discretionary bonus schemes depending on the role that you do and the performance of our business.
If you save 3% of your pay into our Pension Saving Plan we will add an extra 6%. More details at www.yourmandspension.com
Free cover of two times your annual salary up to age 70. If you pay into our Pension Saving Plan we double this to four times.
Allows you to save between £5 and £500 per month for three years with the option to buy shares at a 20% discount – or simply take your savings back.
Invest between £10 and £150 each month from your gross salary to buy M&S shares and build up an investment.
Enjoy savings on everyday costs to holidays, recognise your colleague’s success and get more information and support on your wellbeing & benefits.
Cycle to Work
Hire a bike and accessories through Cycle to Work and save on tax and national insurance.
Buy the latest technology with interest free financing directly from your salary.
Health & Wellbeing
Save money on you and your families medical and dental expenses. Get great discounts on gym memberships, active wear, and health products.
Mental Health Support
Free 24/7 support from our expert health and wellbeing partners PAM Wellbeing - including free counselling and CBT as well as support for your family.
Support charities you care about the most by donating through your pay or even volunteer for them for one day.
Access to information and support to help you manage your finances from long term savings to managing your debt or money worries.
Celebration time provides additional time off (up to one day per year) for a special occasion.
Virtual GP service
Free and unlimited access to a qualified GP for all UK colleagues and their families.
Customer Assistant Visual Merchandiser - Edgware Road
Early mornings Core Days & Late Nights
Scope of the role
Store based specialist role within a Region reporting into a store visual manager or store C&H manager
Visual Merchandiser to be focused 100% on visual execution and coaching in a Best In Town Store
Best in town execution 80% of time spent
- Delivers an aspirational and consistent visual execution that inspires our customers to buy more and buy more often
- Executes the dressing and styling of mannequins and Visual Merchandise displays every launch, ensuring consistent handwriting in line with M&S Principles and the key looks
- Focuses on styling updates and refreshes when there is product newness, including the placing of new lines across C&H
- Implementation of large format marketing every launch for all BU’s and small format placement in the right area in line with the marketing guidelines
- Implements and refreshes Best in Town windows and entrances, with a daily focus on 1st Bites and key customer journey touch points
- Creates appropriate outfit building following the guidelines and relevance to the store customer, handling the product within departments focusing on key lines and best sellers
Develop brilliant people 20% of time spent
- Supports the store coaching of outfit building and product handling alongside the M&S principles including the up skilling of wider store team members in these areas
- Deliver the highest visual standards on the high street, showcasing the product through mannequins and styling, product handling, outfit building & windows implementation, coaching the C&H team on C&H standards and presentation
- Look for opportunities to raise the bar visually in stores by working with the Store Visual Manager and Store Manager
Academy Visual Merchandisers
- With Store Visual Manager, support the Region with Visual & C&H training and coaching that sets the standard
- Consistently deliver upper quartely Best in Town standards & Visual Merchandise execution
- 100% execution of new initiatives
Key Relationships and Stakeholders
- Store Leadership
- Wider Visual Teams
- Regional Manager
- Visual Lead
- Visual Support
- Store and Regional BIG
TALK STRAIGHT ALL IN FOR THE CUSTOMER OWN IT AND GET IT DONE MAKE EVERY PENNY COUNT
Similar roles for you
- Customer Assistant Visual Merchandiser - Edgware Road London, UK Permanent
- Customer Assistant-Streatham Hill Road London, UK Permanent
- Fire Health and Safety Officer - Customer Assistant London, UK Permanent
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More