Commercial Manager - Technology
Job ID: 1278 Location: London Category: Technology Salary: Competitive Package Hours: Closing date: November 23rd 2019, 11:55 PM.Apply
- Responsible for driving value from technology change investment through strategic change management setting multi-year investment strategy based on value.
- Value management through quarterly cross business prioritisation, measurable KPIs & metrics, and the establishment of value streams within the portfolios to support agile development.
- Business case challenge & review within the portfolios – value for money of change spend and benefits realisation.
- Provide assurance of and maximise benefits from strategic supplier relationship.
Key Accountabilities and measures
- Optimise value from technology change investment through facilitating quarterly cross business prioritisation based on value aligned to business strategy.
- Source external reference points to set strategic change investment targets.
- Establish multi-year cross business Technology investment strategy based on value.
- Commercial business partner to the Head of Technology Solutions in more than one portfolio providing commercial decision-making support. This will cover:
- Technology strategy to drive value from investment
- KPIs, metrics & benefits tracking to measure investment value
- Shape business cases & oversee benefit tracking to maximise investment value
- Support supplier selection decisions through financial analysis & commercial recommendation
- Reduce & optimise the Total Cost of Ownership for the portfolio – covering investment, run costs & depreciation
- Manging portfolio health – sprint performance vs target, quality, dependency management, stability
- Integral to the establishment of cross portfolio value to streams to support agile development (Scaled Agile Framework for the Enterprise - SAFe) to drive value from technology investment and support continuous funding of product teams.
- Establish value centre of excellence to support portfolios to maximise value from technology investment using a consistent approach.
- Ensure benefits from strategic supplier partnership are realised and that technology development costs are value for money through assurance of benefits and external benchmarking.
- Works with the Contracts team to provide commercial input into contractual negotiations for new Technology contracts, contract renewals and contractual variations
- Supports the resolution of key commercial and contractual risks and issues
- Works with the Technology Finance team to develop and agree the Annual Operating Plan for Technology, as well as quarterly Consolidated Forecasts and monthly Financial Reports
- Responsible for sign off of statements of work ensuring they reflect the transformation business case metrics
- Accountable for the accurate and timely creation of the Commercial dashboards to assess portfolio investment value, commercial performance & portfolio health
- Responsible for working with other shared business functions to maintain alignment on wider M&S commercial policies and standards
- Reviews proposed major SoW's / CR's and advises on appropriate route through existing commercial relationships to achieve the best value for money for M&S
Skills and experience
- Over 7 years’ experience in a Commercial or Finance role
- Consultancy background in strategic change management
- Enterprise PMO or Strategic Change Management experience
- Experience of measuring value from Technology investment & agile development
- Experience of using value streams to measure investment value
- Experience of Technology cost management including investment & run costs
- Excellent and demonstrable commercial management and financial literacy
- Accounting qualification preferred (CIMA or ACCA)
- Excellent analytical skills