Customer Service Advisor - Fixed Term
Are you passionate about delivering first class customer service and excel in doing so?
Do you possess exemplary communication skills, whether that be on the phone, via email, web chat or social media?
Are you tech savvy and eager to secure an opportunity working for an iconic, multi-channel, forward thinking retail giant?... Then we could have the perfect opportunity for you...
We are looking for passionate and dedicated Customer Service Advisers to join our thriving complex teams in Chester. Working out of our state-of-the-art offices located on Chester Business Park, we offer an extraordinary and unrivalled working environment including an on-site Starbucks, subsidised gym, M&S shop and a subsidised M&S café.
Please note the starting salary is £8.50p/h rising to £9.00p/h after successfully passing probation and the role is a 6 month fixed term contract.
About the role
At M&S we’re setting bolder goals and changing both internally and externally at some pace - giving our people the space, resources and tools to achieve success. You will be joining an organisation unlike any other.
Being part of our journey today quite simply means crafting the future of M&S. As a Customer Service Advisor you will at the forefront of this, acting as the voice of our business, handling various queries on a day to day basis.
What is really exciting about this role is the fact that no two days are the same – in fact… no two minutes are. We will provide you with all the tools and resources you will need to succeed, including first class systems and tone of voice training to make sure that you are set you up for success.
Your key accountabilities will include
- Deliver great customer service when communicating with customers across a variety of channels including voice, email, web chat and social media
- Adapt communication style appropriately across different contact channels
- Take responsibility for resolving customer complaints and queries including escalations
- Improve customer experience, ensuring responses are engaging, on brand and striving to resolve first time
- Accurately record customer feedback to provide insight and help us improve
- Case manage customer contacts, investigating and resolving as appropriate
- Ensure relevant stakeholders are updated as needed and build strong relationships with the relevant stakeholders
- Contribute to departmental achievement of service levels
- Deliver personal metrics and objectives, as agreed with your line manager
- Work as part of a team of experts to support customers, stores and all areas of the M&S business
- Handle complex, escalated issues providing suitable resolution for both customer and business
- Keep up to date with M&S products and services to provide accurate complaint resolution and SME support to other colleagues.
- Resolve customer complaints and queries including food and clothing and home contacts
Whilst our standards are undoubtedly high when it comes to the work we require you to deliver, we are also committed to ensuring that we provide a rewarding and exciting environment through offering incentives and schemes across the Centre.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Communication and engagement skills
- Methodical approach to tasks
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications and the ability to learn internal systems quickly
- Excellent grasp of English language in both written and verbal communication
- Great listening skills to understand why our customers are getting in touch
- Ability to swiftly analyse complicated information and provide appropriate solutions
- Taking accountability for own workload, including complex casework, and supporting colleagues where appropriate
If you are excited at the prospect of joining a truly unique organisation, working from a stunning location with exceptional facilities and you are passionate about enhancing your experience within customer service we would love to hear from you.