Technology Business Change Manager
Advance the world of digital through M&S
Leading the transformation of an industry. The continuous pursuit of new information, resourcefulness and invention. Thousands, if not millions of people benefiting from your product-led ideas, every day. That’s why you join M&S Tech. Here, you’ll be proud of your projects, enhance your understanding of new technologies, and shape the future of a new, digitally prevailing brand of retail. Progress isn’t in the pipeline, it’s already happening. And we’re as determined to advance technology through M&S, as we are to advance M&S through technology. Want to help us?
It’s a mindset, a special drive and an enthusiasm that says, ‘We can’t wait to solve this problem’. It’s growing closer as a team through deep discussions about the technologies we love, whether next-gen or old classics. Most of all, it’s wanting to share that excitement with our customers and colleagues – reinventing retail into its most innovative form, then unlocking fresh potential and raising the bar yet again.Explore M&OS
Our salaries are competitive and reviewed every year.
Receive 20% discount in-store and online for you and a partner or family member.
A minimum 28 days’ statutory holiday per year, pro-rata if you’re part time.
We have discretionary bonus schemes depending on the role that you do and the performance of our business.
If you save 3% of your pay into our Pension Saving Plan we will add an extra 6%. More details at www.yourmandspension.com
Free cover of two times your annual salary up to age 70. If you pay into our Pension Saving Plan we double this to four times.
Allows you to save between £5 and £250 per month for three years with the option to buy shares at a 20% discount – or simply take your savings back.
Invest between £10 and £180 each month from your gross salary to buy M&S shares and build up an investment.
Enjoy savings on everyday costs to holidays, recognise your colleague’s success and get more information and support on your wellbeing & benefits.
Cycle to Work
Hire a bike and accessories through Cycle to Work and save on tax and national insurance.
Buy the latest technology with interest free financing directly from your salary.
Health & Wellbeing
Save money on you and your families medical and dental expenses. Get great discounts on gym memberships, active wear, and health products.
Mental Health Support
Free 24/7 support from our expert health and wellbeing partners PAM Wellbeing - including free counselling and CBT as well as support for your family.
Support charities you care about the most by donating through your pay or even volunteer for them for one day.
Access to information and support to help you manage your finances from long term savings to managing your debt or money worries.
Technology Business Change Manager
The M&S Food business is commencing a significant programme of growth initiatives and technology is a key enabler. As a Technology Business Change Manager, we play a pivotal and transparent role in ensuring that the Technology change lands optimally. This is an exciting opportunity that will be accomplished through a combination of impact assessment, development of appropriate training & communication plans and ongoing adoption measurement with critical feedback loops to the development teams! We are striving for excellence!
Key Accountabilities and Measures
- Build and lead a single view of change across the Food Technology function to show the cumulative and collective impact of that change
- Formalise the portfolio’s approach to Change through definition of change and comms principles / framework
- Be accountable for improving the M&S Food business’ relationship with technology (and its adoption) through measurement and tracking of appropriate data
- Advise and actively inspire change plans within each of the Epics in our PI plans to minimise change overload and change issues e.g. influence sequencing or alignment of change activities across the Technology function to optimise impact on colleagues, realize efficiencies and improve benefit realisation.
- Ensure our senior leaders (in the business and Technology) understand the change their teams will go through and play a part in mentoring them to lead that change to influence and positive environment.
- Work with business counterparts and L&D teams to ensure change is ideally planned, executed, and measured.
- Support in the preparation and planning for the Monthly Food & Retail Technology Huddle.
- Experience and knowledge of organisational change principles, methodologies and tools.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Able to work in a compelling manner at all levels in an organization.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts, ideally in Retail/Grocery domain.
- Organisational change certification or designation an advantage.
- Production of high-quality presentation and communication materials.
- Excellent understanding of Scaled Agile Framework – principles, terminology and how business change works in this framework.
Key Relationships and Partners
- CTO of Food & Retail and reports (Heads of Technology)
- Heads of Technology, Technology Delivery Managers, Technology Agile Centre for Excellence
- Business partners from the business units and functions across M&S
- Change Managers supporting Business teams
- HR Business Partners
- Learning & Development teams
- Technology Communications Manager & Internal communications team
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk smart/flexible working. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email email@example.com so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
Similar roles for you
- Lean Portfolio Manager Paddington, United Kingdom Full Time
- InfoSec Operations Centre Manager Paddington, United Kingdom Full Time
- Principal Architect - Technology Paddington, United Kingdom Full Time
- Technical Lead - Data Event Platform Paddington, United Kingdom Full Time
- Technology Solutions Lead - Decisioning Paddington, United Kingdom Full Time
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More