Strategic Development Analyst -M&S Food
M&S Food is undergoing one of the biggest transformations in retailing today. In 2020 to drive our ambitious plans we implemented a new Strategy team within M&S Foods... in 2021 we are not slowing down and continuing to grow this team!
As an experienced Strategic Development Analysts, you will contribute to the delivery of strategic development projects, supporting the strategy and transformation plan within the Food group. Actively engage in problem-solving to help the company make the right decisions, address key challenges, and identify new ways to grow.
We are looking for a person with a strong analytical mindset, who will be able to ask the right questions and develop workable solutions. This role would suit someone who enjoys meeting new people and can establish links with ease, as understanding how different areas of the business operations will be key to success.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Leading on problem-solving for key strategic workstreams or projects, working with the broader business and performing analysis to develop insightful recommendations that are practical to execute.
- Preparing presentation materials and written content in support of the above
- Understanding the progress and effectiveness of our transformation plan, providing strategic support across transformation programmes where needed.
- Executing the process around given projects - planning workload, identifying risks and issues, and communicating this effectively to the relevant partners at the right time.
- Building towards the total success of the team by actively contributing to problem-solving sessions, broader team knowledge.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Strategy experience in consultancy or similar ‘in house’ role
- Demonstrable passion and interest in consumer sectors - exposure to retail and other consumer-facing sectors desirable.
- Experience in problem analysis, intellectually curious and able to generate ideas to tackle business problems
- Able to communicate effectively, establish links across the business and work collaboratively to attain results that meet the business needs
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More
Angela joined us from the BBC where she worked as a Researcher. But her move to Analytics at M&S saw her announced as one of 2019’s Women in Data.View more