Logistics Strategy Lead - Clothing and Home
Marks & Spencer is undergoing a major transformation programme and the Clothing and Home Logistics strategy is a fundamental element of this transformation.
The C&H Logistics Transformation team is looking for an experienced Logistics Network Manager to join the team, your focus will be to own and evolve the logistics strategy to meet business vision and trading objectives for both UK retail and M&S.com; enable M&S Logistics to transform as a fast follower to realise competitive advantage by driving efficiencies, cost savings and delivering outstanding service to our customers no matter how they choose to shop with us.
About the role:
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Evolve and deliver the logistics network strategy for C&H as both the business, industry and technology transforms;
- Utilise data analytics and modelling to support decision making by the business;
- Lead, coach and develop the design team to perform at their best and realise their potential;
- Work with broader team to refine the E2E supply chain of the future and develop future operating model for both retail and ecom;
- Build relationships and keep up to date with developments and innovations in industry and utilise on evolvement of the strategy
- Use long term forecasts to maintain 3-7 year logistics network planning horizon to ensure the network is optimised and sufficient capacity exists to support changing customer demand.
Your key skills and experience will include:
- Previous leadership of team with diverse set of skills; able to bring out the best in all of them;
- Supply Chain strategy development and implementation, either in consultancy or in house capacity
- Curious mindset to understand and learn, with an ability to solve problems in a logical and structured approach;
- Financial and commercial acumen supported by data analysis and knowledge of distribution economics
- Embracing change and technology - change is inevitable, and the ability to adapt quickly and confidently, and embrace technology is key