Lean Portfolio Management Analyst
We are turbo charging our transformation plans across M&S underpinned by Technology & Data. This is an exciting opportunity to join the Technology team, to support the delivery of our transformation plans, be a role model for agile principles, mindset & practices including championing a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work closely with Portfolio leadership team to provide insight into delivery health (delivery, costs and value/benefits)
- Operating the LPM model for the Portfolio including monthly and quarterly financial and delivery performance.
- Support Portfolio Manager with implementation of good Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) practices
- Actively champion ways to simplify, automate and continuously improve portfolio-level reporting of delivery health, cost management and value/benefits realisation.
Key accountabilities and measures
- Produce Portfolio Review Meeting reports. Analyse and interpret the metrics, costs and value data to identify exceptions/ areas where action/improvement is needed and highlight these in the portfolio reports.
- Collaborate with portfolio leadership to agree the month end cost position for each epic, and accurately reflect this in SAP through purchase order GRs, accruals, prepayments and recharges.
- Track Change costs and approvals and provide monthly reporting, variance analysis & commentary plus risks & opportunity to outlook.
- Perform review of Statement Of Work & estimator files to ensure accuracy before submission to Portfolio Leadership team, and co-ordinate approval and signature by both parties.
- Manage Purchase Order (PO) lifecycle from creation to Goods Receipt (GR) based on relevant approvals. Liaise with third party vendors for purchase order creation & invoicing, and to review ageing / discrepancies between Goods Receipt and Invoice.
- Work alongside the LPM Leads/ Managers to support the portfolio teams as needed, be able to navigate the Agile Portfolio Management tools confidently and understand the metrics/ data.
- Generate delivery health metrics and technology development SLAs for the portfolio on a monthly basis for inclusion into portfolio cadences – analyse the measures, insight into trends. Portfolios to agree actions/ areas to improve at portfolio cadences.
- Work closely with Communities of Practice like Agile Centre for Excellence (C4E), TDM, RTE, SM Communities of Practice (CoPs) in driving continuous improvement through process standardisation and consistent usage of tools and practices.
- Collaborate with portfolio leadership to agree the latest spend forecast for each month and update the latest forecast for spend highlighting reasons for movement from previous forecasts/budgets and submitting months risk and opportunities for their portfolio.
- Support the delivery of the monthly Technology leadership delivery and cost presentations.
- Over 3 years’ experience in PMO roles including managing costs and delivery health.
- Excellent analytical skills including financial literacy.
- Experience of agile ways of working.
- Knowledge of Agile portfolio/ team tools like Jira & Jira Align.
- Exposure to SAP reporting.
- Proficient in MS Excel, SAP front-end and other reporting tools (e.g., PowerBI).
- Should possess excellent analytical, communication, facilitation, co-ordination, decision making and stakeholder management skills.
- Highly organised and disciplined approach to work where they are able to manage multiple activities at any one point in time.
- Ability to work with a range of third-party suppliers.
- Preferable – experience in implementing and adopting Lean portfolio Management.
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More
Angela joined us from the BBC where she worked as a Researcher. But her move to Analytics at M&S saw her announced as one of 2019’s Women in Data.View more