International Press Officer - Foods
Marks and Spencer’s International Team are looking for a talented, self starter Food & Wine Press Officer to help us tell the story about M&S food internationally specifically in the Middle East, Asia and Europe.
With more than 32 million customers around the world, thousands of much-loved and innovative food products across both owned and franchise businesses, no two days are ever the same.
The role will include getting involved in supporting key markets to grow the food and hospitality business, whether its chilled food launching into a new market, supporting markets with key local seasonal events, developing localised PR campaigns, overseeing influencer strategies and partnerships, the creation of global PR toolkits or profiling our food experts.
This role is not press facing and suitable candidates may come from a PR, editorial, marketing, branding or copy writing background.
You will be responsible for:
• Supporting global PR plans and developing international in-market plans for new product launches, seasonal launches, food apps, influencers and camapigns
• Developing international toolkits including press materials, influencer best practice and Q&As to brief markets with ahead of media outreach
• Act as a key point of contact for all international teams for food, wine and hospitality offering strategic counsel and reviewing PR plans
• Developing relationships across the business and stakeholder management to develop plans to support hero food products and the international food business objectives
• Support in-market PR activity to ensure they are relevant, on brand and onmichannel
• Work with markets to find new ways to engage media and influencers locally and help develop best in class influencer activity locally
• Support in building spokesperson and expert profiling program for international markets
• Creation of PR plans and assets to support key trading moments and seasonal campaigns
• Supporting localised campaigns to help develop and drive awareness of the business internationally
• Coverage reporting and evaluation of PR back into business
• Working collaboratively within marketing team to maximise campaigns and asset creation
• Possess very strong written and presentation skills
• Have confidence and ability to deal with a number of different stakeholders
• A passion for international work
• Experience of working on or with global teams extremely desirable; experience of Middle East / Asia markets would be a huge advantage
• Experience of working with influencers and delivering omnichannel campaigns
• Be a self starter and creative thinker with strong attention to detail
• Excellent project management skills including the ability to manage a campaign
• Show a passion for the food, wine and hospitality market
• Have excellent organisation skills
• Languages preferred but not essential
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More
Angela joined us from the BBC where she worked as a Researcher. But her move to Analytics at M&S saw her announced as one of 2019’s Women in Data.View more