International Digital Marketing Manager (Partner Markets)
8 MONTHS FIXED TERM CONTRACT WITH POTENTIAL TO EXTEND TO 12 MONTHS
Marks and Spencer is a unique British heritage brand with a history of ‘firsts’ and there has been quite a revolution happening inside our Dotcom team. Having re-platformed from Amazon to Salesforce and in-sourced our entire digital proposition front-to-backend and across to agile, we are now a cluster of closely aligned functional teams relentlessly trying to innovate. We experiment, we make big and small changes, and we enjoy the fact that everything we do has the potential to impact and delight over 29 million customers daily.
Our International business is now being invested in heavily and the results are starting to show as we outgrow competitors. We have a new team in place who share some impressive International experience and have created a clear strategy which will deliver ambitious goals. We have the benefits of being a smaller team, we have removed unnecessary rules and we want entrepreneurial thinking. Over the past 5 years we have introduced M&S to another 2bn customers worldwide, increased our presence on marketplaces, enabled Dotcom for partner markets and created a best in class customer experience. There is a lot to do and we would like your help. Therefore, we will continue to hire like-minded individuals from high growth start-ups and big business alike who bring the right DNA, positive attitude, and analytical expertise to M&S.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the head of digital marketing (international), you will be directly responsible for the planning, coordination and management of our partner markets digital marketing activity & capabilities.
You will work in partnership with the local marketing teams on the ground cultivating strong relationships to support them in the delivery of truly omnichannel marketing and best practice in line with the M&S brand.
You will develop, maintain, and drive a marketing roadmap to deliver incremental value to the business from partner markets, with a relentless focus on generating increased frequency and acquiring new customers.
• Manage a marketing activity planner in partnership with local teams to ensure all key campaigns & promotions deliver to agreed business objectives and are aligned across online and offline touchpoints
• Lead on strategic planning of digital marketing channels for partner markets ensuring there is a clear vision and path to execution to delivery of best in class digital marketing
• Build a winning partnership with the international brand & PR team and franchise partner managers to ensure business planning aligns with digital marketing plans
• Own the marketing roadmap with full accountability for setting out key deliverables, assigning KPI’s and determining ROI to drive incremental value
• Accountable for the management of partner markets PPC budgets and activity in collaboration with the performance marketing manager
• Accountable for all partner markets email marketing sends from brief to delivery working in partnership with the CRM campaign executive
• Consultancy level of support for paid social and display activity in partnership with the acquisition marketing manager
You are genuinely passionate about the role of media in consumer behaviour, and keen to use your expert digital marketing and communication skills to deliver truly omnichannel experiences for our customers.
Your skills and experience will include:
• You have a digital mindset and have had experience executing both online and offline marketing strategies with in-depth experience of global media platforms such as Google and Facebook
• You are super commercial and know how to leverage data and insights to improve marketing ROIs
• You have a flexible, agile and forward-thinking mindset – you deliver against project timelines and objectives but also know when to pivot to get the best outcome
• Experience of working in or with global teams and/or franchise business models would be desirable but not essential; passion for International work is a must-have
• Excellent communication skills with an engaging style able to influence both junior and senior colleagues, cross functional teams, and external agencies
• Ability to generate innovative & valuable insights from analysis and translate these into simple, clear actionable plans
• A self-starter and creative thinker with strong attention to detail. Genuine team-playing skills and commitment to a great working environment
• This role does not have line management responsibility; however, you will need strong leadership skills as you will be supporting, coaching, and influencing
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More
Angela joined us from the BBC where she worked as a Researcher. But her move to Analytics at M&S saw her announced as one of 2019’s Women in Data.View more