International Content SEO Assistant Manager
Marks and Spencer is a unique British heritage brand with a history of ‘firsts’ and there has been quite a revolution happening inside our Dotcom team. Having re-platformed, and in-sourced our entire digital proposition front-to-backend and across to agile, we are now a cluster of closely aligned functional teams relentlessly trying to innovate. We experiment, we make big and small changes, and we enjoy the fact that everything we do has the potential to impact and delight over 29 million customers daily.
Our International business is now being invested in heavily and the results are starting to show as we outgrow competitors. We have a new team in place who share some impressive International experience and have created a clear strategy which will deliver ambitious goals. We have the benefits of being a smaller team, we have removed unnecessary rules and we want entrepreneurial thinking.
Over the past 6 years we have introduced M&S to another 2bn customers worldwide, increased our presence on marketplaces, enabled Dotcom for franchise markets and created a best in class customer experience. There is a lot to do and we would like your help. Therefore, we will continue to hire like-minded individuals from high growth start-ups and big business alike who bring the right DNA, positive attitude, and analytical expertise to M&S. In return you can expect outstanding personal development, plenty of senior management exposure and to thrive in a vibrant, collaborative and sociable division.
ABOUT THE ROLE
After a period of sustained growth, this is an exciting new role, reporting into the Performance Marketing Manager in the International department. They will work closely with our external SEO agency and be hands-on implementing all deliverables to support driving improved rankings, traffic and revenue. The successful candidate will have an excellent grasp of the English language, both written and verbal. Fluency in a second European language will be beneficial, but not essential.
The successful candidate should have experience implementing a high volume of content SEO projects in a fast-paced environment, and able to effectively monitor and report across all activity. The individual will be confident in using search and analytics tools, able to work autonomously, and passionate about championing SEO’s role in the wider marketing mix.
Their core content SEO responsibilities will include:
• Keyword research
• Site audits
• Content gap analysis
• Backlink analysis
• Taxonomy and internal linking structure
• Page creation and redirects
• Optimisation of category pages
• Optimisation of editorial content
• Stakeholder Management: Maintain close relationships with the search agency, international stakeholders (trade, influencer, PR, product, development, editorial), and our counterparts in the UK search team
• Project Management: Co-ordinate high-volume content production across multiple languages from idea generation through to brief and onsite upload, engaging all participating stakeholders effectively
• Research, Reporting and Analysis: Take ownership of comprehensive weekly/monthly and project-specific reports. Able to tell a clear story behind numbers from disparate sources, and succinctly pull out the short, mid, and long-term actions required. The candidate will also be expected to carefully review SEO implications of stakeholder projects and present back adapted courses of action
• Industry: Draw actionable insights from the latest algorithm updates, competitor activity, and the wider industry landscape, to tactically grow our natural position within the market
• Culture: Drive a culture of best practice, idea creation, and change. The Content SEO Assistant Manager will champion the role of natural search within the wider marketing mix at M&S International. This will include creating and delivering inspiring training sessions to educate international teams about SEO, and enhancing ways of working to give the channel maximum visibility within the business
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More
Angela joined us from the BBC where she worked as a Researcher. But her move to Analytics at M&S saw her announced as one of 2019’s Women in Data.View more