Global Logistics Manager
Marks & Spencer's are looking for a Global Logistics Manager to join their International team to manage the logistic relationships between Marks and Spencer and all their International Partners, supporting delivery of cost & service initiatives and maintaining optimum operational standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MEASURES
Team and Role overview:
• The International Clothing and Home (C&H) Logistics team are accountable for the timely export of all C&H orders to our owned businesses and franchise partners across the world. We have 4 warehouse operations across the world (UK, Malaysia, Turkey, Sri Lanka). The team is broadly split into 3 areas: UK Export, Hub Operations and Partner Management.
• The Global Logistics Manager role is crucial to the International C&H Logistics team as the role is the main link between our partners logistics teams and the internal team. The role spans clothing and food as most of our partners range both. You will therefore also work closely with our International Foods Logistics Team.
• The role works with our partners and various M&S teams on a range of things – from seasonal planning, in-country legislative changes, in-country logistics challenges and strategic network delivery.
• The role has direct operational & budget accountability for freight movements for partners on DAP Inco-terms.
• Working cross-functionally within M&S and our partner base, ensuring relevant teams are involved / updated on key M&S and partner changes.
• Act as first point of contact for International Partners in building robust operational plans as well as acting with pace to resolve arising issues across the Logistics network.
• Initiate a collaborative logistics operational agenda to support International businesses grow within their markets.
• Customer first approach – transparent and personalised. Business behaviours always put the customer at the heart.
• Freight management for our DAP markets.
• Complete / support logistics tenders with our owned business partners.
• Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual logistics operational reviews with key partners and stakeholders.
• Devise and implement best practice cost and service measures for logistics operations.
• Ensure partner collection plans are agreed and fed into the M&S logistics network planning and budgeting
• Proactive management and timely resolution of logistics operational issues
• Ensure compliance to all contractual standards, audit, business continuity, fire health & safety, anti-bribery and modern day slavery regulations
• Ensure partners understand the M&S supply chain and logistics development agenda and impacts. Support the delivery of strategic and tactical logistics projects within the specified parameters of cost, quality and time.
• Understanding the key challenges our networks and partners will face as we go through Brexit (and any future global challenges) and support partners through these changes
• Anticipate, research and address regulatory changes, work internally and with our partners to identify workable solutions.
• Ability to build relationships across a wide range of people/teams – this role relies on building a strong network across the M&S International business and partners.
• Experience of managing various stakeholders to deliver an end to end supply chain network.
• Communication – sharing key messages, identifying what to communicate to whom and when.
• Warehouse operations – experience of managing warehouse operations for retailer / FMCG
• International Transport & Freight operations – experience of road, sea and air freight.
• Commercial acumen – open & Closed book cost modelling, budgeting, operational plans.
• Procurement, negotiation, business case construction, contract negotiation
• IT systems – experience of using WMS and an overall understanding of supply chain systems
• Project management – understanding of key project management principles.
• Experience of working in International supply chains (preferred)
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More
Angela joined us from the BBC where she worked as a Researcher. But her move to Analytics at M&S saw her announced as one of 2019’s Women in Data.View more