Campaign Executive - Clothing & Home
Marks and Spencer is a unique British heritage brand with a history of ‘firsts’ and we enjoy the fact that everything we do has the potential to impact and delight over 29 million customers every day.
In the Clothing and Home Marketing team we are on a journey to change perceptions. We want to get people talking about Marks and Spencer in different ways to before – delivering the right messages at the right time, in the right way!
We have a clear strategy with ambitious goals, a digital first mentality and a team with an impressive array of experience - and our role is to help deliver our ambition of providing our customers with the best quality products at great prices, every day.
Communication with our customers starts with us and our journey is built with customer insight at its heart. As part of a large and dynamic marketing function, your voice will be heard and you will have the opportunity to make a difference in a team that are passionate about getting it right.
Working in such a dynamic department offers the opportunity for growth whilst being part of a lively and cohesive team.
As a Campaign Executive, you will be part of a high performing team that are accountable for our Sparks loyalty programme. You’ll be responsible for supporting the creating, scoping, and delivering the M&S sparks loyalty programme within Clothing and Home.
You and the team will be delivering relevant, rewarding and targeted communications that our M&S customers will grow to love. Ensuring customers receive the right message at the right time, capitalising on our ability to personalise communications. Our aim is to become Britain’s best loved Clothing and Home loyalty programme, with super charged communications and rewards that customers really connect with on all levels.
Sparks has over 7 million members, which has grown by 35% in the last 3 years, and we send over 1 billion emails every year, so this role is sure to you keep you stretched and excited! In addition, we have some of best engagement rates within the market, with our emails opening at an average of 35%, and well above average click through rates, so managing keeping our CRM channels fresh and interesting for our customers is all part of the challenge!
During the last 18 months our team have introduced personalised communications for all sparks customers, and over the next year this role is about being part if the team that step changes these programmes even further and supporting the revenue plans for the clothing and home business.
M&S is going through a huge transformation at the moment, and this role is about making us digital first, and delivering cutting edge CRM programmes our customers will ultimately love.
This is a permanent entry level role within the Loyalty and Channel Innovation communications team.
Key accountabilities include:
- Support the development of the CRM strategy for a cross section of business units within Clothing & Home, this will include a mix of Kids, Home, Women, Beauty, & Men’s, and Seasonal campaigns. You will support the team to drive growth with our “grow”, and “encore customer”.
- Co-create the teams omi channel approach, ensuring all campaigns are customer first, and really driving towards a joint loyalty journey. This will include email, DM, SMS, ecrobo, and social channels where appropriate.
- Support the team to manage the agreed markdown or campaign budget, ensuring each campaign drives incremental sales and drives clear customer benefit against core KPI’s (e.g. engagement rates, net promotor score etc).
- Form strong relationships with our delivery partners (Planning inc, Starcount, Salesforce, and TMW).
- Form a power of 2 relationship with the analytics and evaluation hub, ensuring all campaigns are briefed for post campaign analysis, and we are starting to embed a test and learn approach for all campaigns.
- Ensure all campaigns are performing against key performance metrics, traffic, revenue, incremental sales, ROI, CRT’s, open rates, opt outs and sparks promoter score.
- Introduce key trends from loyalty outside the retail industry and share with the team where appropriate.
- Campaign metrics; click through rates, open rates, opts outs, to all be in line with best practice targets.
- Incremental sales delivered to C&H through CRM channels (as a result of increased frequency of target customer groups)
- Traffic and gross revenue delivered for C&H .com through CRM channels
- Attention to detail
- Campaign planning
- Stakeholder engagement
- Creative execution
- Good degree of commerciality
- Influencing & negotiation skills
- Analytical mind-set
- Innovative and inquisitive is desirable