Analyst Executive - Clothing & Home
Marks and Spencer is a unique British heritage brand with a history of ‘firsts’ and we enjoy the fact that everything we do has the potential to impact and delight over 29 million customers every day.
In the Clothing and Home Marketing team we are on a journey to change perceptions. We want to get people talking about Marks and Spencer in different ways to before – delivering the right messages at the right time, in the right way!
We have a clear strategy with ambitious goals, a digital first mentality and a team with an impressive array of experience - and our role is to help deliver our ambition of providing our customers with the best quality products at great prices, every day.
Communication with our customers starts with us and our journey is built with customer insight at its heart. As part of a large and dynamic marketing function, your voice will be heard and you will have the opportunity to make a difference in a team that are passionate about getting it right.
Working in such a dynamic department offers the opportunity for growth whilst being part of a lively and cohesive team.
As an Analyst Executive, you will be part of a high performing team that are accountable for our Sparks loyalty programme.In this role you are supporting all evaluation, targeting, and post campaign analysis of all CRM activity across various aspects of the loyalty programme. You will be measuring the effectiveness of our relevant and rewarding communications that our M&S customers will grow to love. Together with this you will ensure we strive towards best practice evaluation technics and ensuring all campaigns deliver healthy incremental value, and behaviour change.
You and the team will be delivering relevant, rewarding and targeted communications that our M&S customers will grow to love. Ensuring customers receive the right message at the right time, capitalising on our ability to personalise communications. Our aim is to become Britain’s best loved Clothing and Home loyalty programme, with super charged communications and rewards that customers really connect with on all levels.
Sparks has over 7 million members, which has grown by 35% in the last 3 years, and we send over 1 billion emails every year, so this role is sure to you keep you stretched and excited! In addition, we have some of best engagement rates within the market, with our emails opening at an average of 35%, and well above average click through rates, so managing keeping our CRM channels fresh and interesting for our customers is all part of the challenge!
During the last 18 months our team have introduced personalised communications for all sparks customers, and over the next year this role is about being part if the team that step changes these programmes even further and supporting the revenue plans for the clothing and home business.
M&S is going through a huge transformation at the moment, and this role is about making us digital first, and delivering cutting edge CRM programmes our customers will ultimately love.
This is a permanent entry level role within the Loyalty and Channel Innovation communications team.
Key accountabilities include:
- Support the development of a customer centric CRM and loyalty evaluation plan, aligned to the objectives of the Clothing & Home businesses.
- Understand business objectives and translate these into ongoing CRM and loyalty evaluation requirements.
- Work with 3rd party data science partners and the M&S Customer Insight team to generate insights which will drive growth for M&S and retain valuable customers.
- Gain buy in from stakeholders and integrate customer evaluation and reporting opportunities effectively into a long-term customer comms plan.
- Develop clear and timely briefs for 3rd party partners to enable effective and efficient execution of comms measurement.
- Support the development of the CRM targeting strategy for a cross section of business units within Clothing & Home
- This will include a mix of Kids, Home, Women, Beauty, & Men’s. You will support the team to drive growth with our “grow”, and “encore customer”.
- You will be responsible for managing the targeting approach together with the campaign manager, ensuring each campaign drives incremental sales and drives clear customer benefit against core KPI’s (e.g. engagement rates, net promotor score etc).
- Support the CRM Test & Learn agenda to help grow the business understanding of customer behaviour and campaign results.
- Create and agree Test & Learn plans across all key stakeholder groups and hold regular feedback forums to continually optimise and gather feedback o the process.
- Foster a test and learn culture within the CRM team and across the broader marketing function which ensures campaigns are built from previous learnings and leverage industry best practice.
- Form power of 2 relationship with the campaigns team, ensuring all campaigns are briefed for post campaign analysis, and we are starting to embed a test and learn approach for all campaigns.
- Conduct evaluation of all campaigns and make recommendations for future improvements
- Report back to the business in a timely manner on performance of all campaigns and offers with recommendations to help improve future campaigns across all CRM channels
- Ensure all campaigns have relevant KPIs which are measured frequently and communicated to key stakeholders
- Overall sparks penetration in C&H
- Campaign metrics; click through rates, open rates, opts outs, to all be in line with best practice targets.
- Incremental sales delivered to C&H through CRM channels (as a result of increased frequency of target customer groups)
- 100% of campaigns will all have PCA by the end of 2018/19
- Excellent understanding of analytical programmes (primarily SAS) (Desirable).
- Some experience of customer analytics and use of customers transactional and CRM channel data
- Analytical skills and an entrepreneurial approach to spot and act on opportunities to drive increased performance
- Good understanding of retail industry & Loyalty Programmes
- Staying up to date with latest technology, techniques and methods
- A desire to ‘data story telling’ and how to build out customer facing propositions leveraging data and insights
- Stakeholder management & strong communication skills
- Good organisational and planning skills and attention to detail
- Financial forecasting experience would be helpful
- Capable of managing agencies (desirable).