Department Manager (Section Manager) Visual - Oxford
About the role
Managing an M&S department will be the ultimate test of your retail talents. Not just because you would be managing a department with a turnover that runs into millions of pounds. Or because you’re leading, coaching and inspiring a team of up to 25. But mostly because, as department manager, you’re adding to our reputation for quality and innovation that led to us being named Which? Supermarket of the Year 2017.
It’s a high-profile, demanding role – not least because where we lead, others follow. Innovative products, a passion for quality and a total commitment to great customer service are all hallmarks of our business. You’ll ensure these are deeply ingrained in your staff and store.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Ensure accurate and timely implementation of corporate seasonal updates and events inline with the brand, store presentation, styling and marketing principles across all stores in scope of responsibility.
- In conjunction with store management, execute and maintain visual standards across the customer journey, ensuring an inspirational shopping environment for our customers.
- Coaching both stylists and colleagues ensuring individual capability and skills are developed.
- Using commercial information, support all High Street stores with layout planning across each BU, for each seasonal and event launch.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Ability to manage time effectively, identifying risks and responding in a timely and appropriate manner in managing that risk.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels, including senior stakeholders.
- Experience in visual merchandising and an ability to translate commercial opportunities into inspirational layouts.
- Confidence to influence and empower others to deliver
- Visual merchandising experience and being highly self-motivated is essential for this Regional role.
About the application process:
You’ll initially complete an online application form and then take part in a short video interview. If successful, you’ll be invited to a 1:1 assessment where you will be interviewed in greater depth and take part in two other exercises which involve analysis and coaching. The face-to-face assessment allows you to find out even more about M&S and the role of a section manager