Finance Analyst – Fixed Assets
The primary purpose of this role is to work alongside our Business Partners across the Commercial teams and embedded Finance teams to ensure that the information recorded within the SAP Fixed Asset Register is accurate and that all Fixed Asset transactions are processed in line with the M&S control framework.
What you will be doing;
- Producing monthly analysis of Fixed Asset additions, disposals, impairments, etc.
- Completing month end Balance Sheet reconciliations to support the Ledger balances
- Preparing and posting manual journals
- Working with our external and internal audit partners to evidence adherence to defined policies
- Supporting ad-hoc analysis with queries and ad hoc requests relating to business as usual processes.
We are looking for a dedicated teammate who is committed to delivering excellence and is passionate about their own personal and professional development.
About the role
The Record to Report Fixed Assets team look after the ongoing maintenance and associated control & governance around all changes to the M&S Fixed Asset Register.
Activities include processing updates, responding to queries, reporting as well as timely and accurate production of key balance sheet reconciliations each month.
The key accountabilities of the role will include;
- Handling relationships with internal business partners across Finance and the commercial business divisions
- Driving continuous operational improvements in processes by finding new ways of working and stopping activities which aren't adding value
- Deliver required information to Business Partners – Monthly Reporting packs, ad hoc MI and the Group Fixed Asset Note
- Producing monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations in line with our internal accuracy and timeliness guidance
- Work with the Commercial Finance teams to drive improvements to the Balance Sheets you own
- Operate and evidence effective controls with an audit focus; supporting with internal and year end audits
- Highlight any risks or opportunities and communicate them to senior management via Blackline and monthly meetings
- Understand the analysis of internally generated Management Information to ensure the accuracy of reporting to internal partners
- Ensure business policies and procedures are maintained
- Problem seek and lead customer queries in an efficient and customer centric manner
- Support ad hoc queries relating to the Fixed Asset Register and the AICC/AUD accounts
- Support other team members with any issues that are identified through reconciliations and month end work
- Effectively collaborate at all levels across the business
Your skills and experience will include
- Having a can-do mind set
- Excellent interpersonal skills to support non finance business partners with monthly reporting and meetings.
- Able to deliver within time frames and prioritise your workload with a flexible and proactive approach
- A high level of Excel proficiency
- The ability to write well structured, purposeful communications
- A commitment to achieving process excellence
- Good accounting skills is crucial. Study support will be provided to achieve full qualification
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk smart/flexible working. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More
Angela joined us from the BBC where she worked as a Researcher. But her move to Analytics at M&S saw her announced as one of 2019’s Women in Data.View more