Finance Analyst - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Reporting to the Finance Manager-Revenue to Cash, the Finance Analyst is accountable for working as part of a fast paced shared service environment where passion, creativity and excellence are key.
You will drive the integrity and control in the Revenue to Cash team results. The role requires you to exhibit reporting, commercial awareness and systems capabilities, as well as being a trusted business partner to the finance team and IT.
The core operational responsibilities of this role will be supporting the .com process and the wider finance business by providing accurate and insightful weekly and monthly reporting and performance analysis. This role would someone with an inquisitive mentality who is able to drive insight to support action.
About the role
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Managing relationships within the Corporate Finance team, customer operations team and IT teams and delivering required financial information
- Driving integrity of the Corporate Business area financial performance, managing the reporting and analysis through management and promotion of the internal control environment, actively alerting Commercial Finance Teams to risks and opportunities.
- Creating and delivering weekly and monthly performance analysis of their area of responsibility, understand current attainment risks and opportunities with a focus on cash
- Preparing critical metrics and month end packs for seniorpartnerss across the business
- Reconciling and performing analysis of a high level of transactions on a daily and weekly basis, testing for issues and finding solutions to issues found.
- Ensuring clear communication of risk and opportunities and adherence to policy. Driving a ‘no surprise’ culture
- Ensuring integrity of the Balance Sheet accounts you will be responsible for, working closely with teams across London and the BSC to manage and understand the impact of Balance Sheet movements on overall performance
- Building strong relationships with key business partners, managing regular dialogue to continue to drive improved performance.
- Supporting the Senior Finance Managers with ad hoc review and analysis in London & BSC
- Exploiting all data and MI opportunities to actively improve insight for the .com team and the wider finance teams
- Working very closely and driving ongoing technology enabled process automation
- Developing a continuous improvement culture to ensure that the service is being delivered in the most effective way, putting the customer at the heart of everything you deliver
Your skills and experience will include:
- Strong commercial awareness to identify any risks / opportunities to the business and make relevant recommendations to resolve
- Strong ability to resolve complex issues using a logical approach
- Comfortable comparing high volumes of data in different systems and providing insight from this
- Exceptional partner management / business partnering skills with the ability to build relationships and influence partners at all levels
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous Balance Sheet analysis experience
- Can meet agreed time frames and effectively prioritise workload with a flexible and proactive approach
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Experience of using SAP
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk smart/flexible working.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email email@example.com so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More