Senior iOS Engineer
Advance the world of digital through M&S
Leading the transformation of an industry. The continuous pursuit of new information, resourcefulness and invention. Thousands, if not millions of people benefiting from your product-led ideas, every day. That’s why you join M&S Tech. Here, you’ll be proud of your projects, enhance your understanding of new technologies, and shape the future of a new, digitally prevailing brand of retail. Progress isn’t in the pipeline, it’s already happening. And we’re as determined to advance technology through M&S, as we are to advance M&S through technology. Want to help us?
It’s a mindset, a special drive and an enthusiasm that says, ‘We can’t wait to solve this problem’. It’s growing closer as a team through deep discussions about the technologies we love, whether next-gen or old classics. Most of all, it’s wanting to share that excitement with our customers and colleagues – reinventing retail into its most innovative form, then unlocking fresh potential and raising the bar yet again.Explore M&OS
Our salaries are competitive and reviewed every year.
Receive 20% discount in-store and online for you and a partner or family member.
A minimum 28 days’ statutory holiday per year, pro-rata if you’re part time.
You can reduce your salary in exchange for up to one contractual week of additional holiday, subject to eligibility and National Living Wage requirements.
We have discretionary bonus schemes depending on the role that you do and the performance of our business.
If you save 3% of your pay into our Pension Saving Plan we will add an extra 6%. More details at www.yourmandspension.com
Free cover of two times your annual salary up to age 70. If you pay into our Pension Saving Plan we double this to four times.
Allows you to save between £5 and £250 per month for three years with the option to buy shares at a 20% discount – or simply take your savings back.
Invest between £10 and £180 each month from your gross salary to buy M&S shares and build up an investment.
Enjoy savings on everyday costs to holidays, recognise your colleague’s success and get more information and support on your wellbeing & benefits.
Cycle to Work
Hire a bike and accessories through Cycle to Work and save on tax and national insurance.
Buy the latest technology with interest free financing directly from your salary.
Health & Wellbeing
Save money on you and your families medical and dental expenses. Get great discounts on gym memberships, active wear, and health products.
Mental Health Support
Free 24/7 support from our expert health and wellbeing partners PAM Wellbeing - including free counselling and CBT as well as support for your family.
Support charities you care about the most by donating through your pay or even volunteer for them for one day.
Access to information and support to help you manage your finances from long term savings to managing your debt or money worries.
Celebration time provides additional time off (up to one day per year) for a special occasion.
Virtual GP service
Free and unlimited access to a qualified GP for all UK colleagues and their families.
Senior iOS Engineer
Are you an enthusiastic and product-focused iOS developer? Join our growing mobile engineering team at M&S and contribute to our App Store chart topping iOS application that’s used by millions of our loyal customers every month!
We pride ourselves on being a company that puts engineering first and are very excited to find new people to join our community of mobile engineers, who will build modern features using exciting technologies, participate in our hackathons and do the best work of their careers.
Thee M&S app is a universal app, written completely in Swift, and we are always looking for ways to improve, enhance and extend its functionality. Whether that be core functionality or investigating exciting new technologies like Widgets and App Clips. We want someone with a passion for innovation, excellent awareness of new technologies and a broad grasp on the full engineering stack - someone who thrives in a collaborative product development and engineering environment.Our tech stack
- Universal iPhone and iPad
- Latest Swift and Xcode – aiming to always track the latest toolchain
- MVVM with lightweight functional reactive programming
- Carthage and Swift Package Manager
- Fastlane powered CI and CD via Bitrise
- Regularly adopting the latest Apple technologies – Pay, Wallet, Push, Widgets and App Clips
- Focused on strong unit testing coverage and an ambition to push our UI automation to the next level
We love our engineers to collaborate outside of their specialism and consider the full-stack that they work within. To enable this, we operate our mobile team in multiple cross-functional, squads where we aim to get everyone required to solve a given problem into the same team. You would be joining a squad with dedicated iOS and Android developers, backend, testing, design and product owner – a full vertical slice. This squad would have a defined mission to tackle together, where every individual’s contribution is equally weighted.What we’re looking for
- Demonstrable commercial experience in Swift and iOS development
- Understands continuous integration deployment
- Experienced in using XCTest and XCUITest or similar
- Passion for improving code and UI performance via Instruments (Leaks, time profiler, etc)
- Experienced in an agile delivery framework (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Collaborative problem solver
- Loves to contribute new ideas and improvements to the product
- Writing testable code, unit tests and following test driven development
- Broad understanding of the testing pyramid
- Highly engaged in technical discussions
- Mentor and coach more junior members of the team
- Architect sound solutions for features at the epic-level
- Setting and continually improving our development standards
- Actively seeks to work with the wider technology organisation, engages in cross-functional engineering forums and displays genuine interest to learn more about the big picture of our platforms
- Supporting and guiding product managers on technical decisions and their impact
Similar roles for you
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More