Advance the world of digital through M&S
Leading the transformation of an industry. The continuous pursuit of new information, resourcefulness and invention. Thousands, if not millions of people benefiting from your product-led ideas, every day. That’s why you join M&S Tech. Here, you’ll be proud of your projects, enhance your understanding of new technologies, and shape the future of a new, digitally prevailing brand of retail. Progress isn’t in the pipeline, it’s already happening. And we’re as determined to advance technology through M&S, as we are to advance M&S through technology. Want to help us?
It’s a mindset, a special drive and an enthusiasm that says, ‘We can’t wait to solve this problem’. It’s growing closer as a team through deep discussions about the technologies we love, whether next-gen or old classics. Most of all, it’s wanting to share that excitement with our customers and colleagues – reinventing retail into its most innovative form, then unlocking fresh potential and raising the bar yet again.Explore M&OS
Our salaries are competitive and reviewed every year.
Receive 20% discount in-store and online for you and a partner or family member.
A minimum 28 days’ statutory holiday per year, pro-rata if you’re part time.
You can reduce your salary in exchange for up to one contractual week of additional holiday, subject to eligibility and National Living Wage requirements.
We have discretionary bonus schemes depending on the role that you do and the performance of our business.
If you save 3% of your pay into our Pension Saving Plan we will add an extra 6%. More details at www.yourmandspension.com
Free cover of two times your annual salary up to age 70. If you pay into our Pension Saving Plan we double this to four times.
Allows you to save between £5 and £500 per month for three years with the option to buy shares at a 20% discount – or simply take your savings back.
Invest between £10 and £150 each month from your gross salary to buy M&S shares and build up an investment.
Enjoy savings on everyday costs to holidays, recognise your colleague’s success and get more information and support on your wellbeing & benefits.
Cycle to Work
Hire a bike and accessories through Cycle to Work and save on tax and national insurance.
Buy the latest technology with interest free financing directly from your salary.
Health & Wellbeing
Save money on you and your families medical and dental expenses. Get great discounts on gym memberships, active wear, and health products.
Mental Health Support
Free 24/7 support from our expert health and wellbeing partners PAM Wellbeing - including free counselling and CBT as well as support for your family.
Support charities you care about the most by donating through your pay or even volunteer for them for one day.
Access to information and support to help you manage your finances from long term savings to managing your debt or money worries.
Celebration time provides additional time off (up to one day per year) for a special occasion.
Virtual GP service
Free and unlimited access to a qualified GP for all UK colleagues and their families.
As part of the M&S Enterprise Cloud Platform team, you’ll be joining a well-loved historic brand, working on solutions that serve millions of loyal customers and thousands of colleagues. With ethical values that run right through the company’s core and technology leaders that truly understand the value of cloud and engineering. It’s an exciting time as we’re reshaping into a digital first and engineering-led organisation, with the quality of our engineering team being a key differentiator.
We are seeking a hardworking Product Manager who will provide product expertise, support DevSecOps Enterprise Platform lifecycles and operate with excellence. Being creative, curious and confident, acting as an integral part of our empowered, autonomous, cross-disciplinary cloud platform team. Designing, building, releasing and maintaining products. Working as an equal partner with the Product and Delivery teams to ensure stability of application and services through automated and robust solutions.
This role will play a key role in driving our ambition to adopt DevSecOps and create a best-in-class DevOps/SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) practices and capabilities to help bridge the best of our software and cloud engineering practices!
The M&S Cloud Platform team is focused on building a scalable, resilient, modern, and automated Cloud Platform to empower our software engineering teams to take the full benefits of Public Cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure. The team provides a set of Products that serve the purpose of eliminating the complexity of leading Cloud environments within an Enterprise. In this context, you’ll be joining a community of Site Reliability Engineers that is integral to Software Engineering teams to help increase application reliability, handle requests and incidents, and bring the best automation capabilities through our CI/CD platform. You'll have the opportunity to interact with both software engineers and cloud platform engineering teams to collaborate and to contribute to future platform developments!Key accountabilities & responsibilities
- Lead the DevSecOps Enterprise Platform product team to deliver cloud-based capabilities across areas including SCM, CI/CD, Artifacts, Application Security, Code quality Tooling, Data Insights and Observability
- Establish and supervise product team OKRs, vision and strategy aligned with enterprise strategic objectives
- Product backlog management, grooming and prioritisation aligned with engineering requirements
- Ensuring that the product(s) meet the customer needs, at the same time remaining aligned to the overall product vision and strategy.
- Prioritising work tactically within sprints to maximise engineering productivity, setting the goals and delivering shown value within each
- Establishing feature and story acceptance criteria
- Orchestrate, inspire and challenge the DevOps team to improve the creation high quality enterprise capabilities
- Managing product improvement capabilities requirements in parallel with keep the lights on activities and tech debt backlog to ensure operational continuity
- Working in conjunction with other product teams to understand demand for capabilities within the product groups and cloud portfolio as a whole
- Forecasting resourcing according to requirements / budget for each quarter
- Managing and forecasting product group finances
- Strong understanding of agile development methodologies and ceremonies as well as experience with product management tools e.g. Jira, Jira Align
- Experience of transitioning and operating in a full DevOps / DevSecOps environment
- Working with site reliability engineers to drive adoption of capabilities and understand enterprise platform capabilities
- Working with external vendors for to drive enterprise best ways of working, facilitate training and issue resolution
- Ensure operational stability and lifecycle management of Product group capabilities
- Arranging training sessions and product demos of product group capabilities
- Ensuring effective product group support procedures in operations
- Provide metrics on the delivery progress, proven value and adoption
- Arranging and coordinating release activities and effective communications
- Keep up to date with new advancements which could help redefine the product/customer experience.
- Flexible working approach, with a balance of being in the office and working from home
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 celebration day
- 20% discount on M&S products!
- A range of wellbeing support (including free counselling and a virtual GP for you and immediate family)
- 25% off gym memberships, access to online fitness classes and discounts for complementary health services, such as nutrition and lifestyle coaching
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk flexible working. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email email@example.com so we can make alternative arrangements for you.#LI-ZF1
Similar roles for you
- Staff Software Engineer London, UK Permanent
- Product Manager - Payroll (23 Months FTC) London, UK Temporary
- Comms Manager London, UK Permanent
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More