Garment Technical Administrator - Womenswear
Advance the world of digital through M&S
Leading the transformation of an industry. The continuous pursuit of new information, resourcefulness and invention. Thousands, if not millions of people benefiting from your product-led ideas, every day. That’s why you join M&S Tech. Here, you’ll be proud of your projects, enhance your understanding of new technologies, and shape the future of a new, digitally prevailing brand of retail. Progress isn’t in the pipeline, it’s already happening. And we’re as determined to advance technology through M&S, as we are to advance M&S through technology. Want to help us?
It’s a mindset, a special drive and an enthusiasm that says, ‘We can’t wait to solve this problem’. It’s growing closer as a team through deep discussions about the technologies we love, whether next-gen or old classics. Most of all, it’s wanting to share that excitement with our customers and colleagues – reinventing retail into its most innovative form, then unlocking fresh potential and raising the bar yet again.Explore M&S Tech
Our salaries are competitive and reviewed every year.
Receive 20% discount in-store and online for you and a member of your household.
We know how important work life balance is for our colleagues, so we offer paid holiday, the potential to buy extra holiday and other paid time off leave such as family leave.
We have discretionary bonus schemes depending on your role and our business performance.
Life cover of twice your salary up to age 70, which is doubled when you join Your M&S Pension Saving Plan.
We offer a number of ways for you to save. When you join your M&S Savings plan, M&S will pay in up to 12% of your salary. You can also choose to join our Share Buy and Sharesave schemes and pay into general savings and ISAs.
Save on everyday costs through discounts and offers and get access to our great benefits, such as discounted gym membership and health benefits. You can also recognise colleagues’ successes too.
Cycle to Work
Get a bike and accessories through Cycle to Work and save on tax and national insurance.
Buy the latest technology with interest-free financing directly from your salary.
Resources to support our colleagues to have Healthy Lifestyles, Healthy Minds and Healthy Finances, including a free 24/7 virtual GP service and free expert help through our confidential 24/7 employee assistance programme for both you and your family.
Support favourite charities - donate through your pay or even volunteer for them.
Garment Technical Administrator - Womenswear
We are currently looking for a Technical Administrator to join the Womenswear Technical team. The candidate should have excellent organisational and time management skills, as well as a passion for product and quality. You will work as part of a fast-paced team, to help deliver the technical strategy across the Business Unit.
From Merchandising and Marketing - Product Development and Design, through to Supply Chain and Space Planning - our mission is to bring stylish wardrobe, home and beauty essentials to our customers via an easy, inspiring shopping experience online and in store that will delight them every time.
As we accelerate the transformation of our business to suit the changing needs of our customer, we need results-orientated colleagues that not only have a passion for our product, but a strong team working ethos, creativity and a healthy commercial aim to join us on our journey.
To put the customer requirements at the centre of the product offer to develop and deliver a commercial and profitable range that optimises sales opportunity
Key Accountabilities and Measures
- Assist and support in live fit sessions
- Update the Product Lifestyle Management (PLM) system
- Maintain awareness of competition’s online offer, react accordingly.
- Assist with Provide support with spec packs and contracting information.
- Provide accurate RTM and customer feedback reporting.
- Assist with fit and colour approval process where required.
- Support stock inspection and due diligence processes where required and Liaise with the Fire wall and technical services team.
- Communicate quality information to Buying Units, Sourcing Offices, and key suppliers.
- Contribute as an active member of the team to work within a commercially focused culture.
- Basic understanding of garment and fabric technology
- Computer literate
- Good organisational skills and an eye for detail
- Multitask orientated with the ability to work to deadlines to achieve the Buying critical path and with multiple stakeholders
- Understanding of Marks & Spencer buying process
Key relationships and stakeholders
- Business unit teams
- Technical Services and Colour Management teams
- Sourcing Offices
- Flexible working approach, with a balance of being in the office and working from home.
- Competitive salary
- 29 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- 20% discount on M&S products
- A range of wellbeing support (including a virtual GP)
- 25% off gym memberships, access to online fitness classes and discounts for complementary health services, such as nutrition and lifestyle coaching
Interested? Apply here!
#LI-LD1 #directentry #NotJustAnyJob
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the retail industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact.
We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk flexible working.
If you consider yourself to require reasonable adjustments to any part of our recruitment process, we invite you to share those requirements with us when completing your application. We will make every effort to ensure your needs are met to provide a fair and transparent process of assessment.
Similar roles for you
- Software Engineering Manager London, UK Permanent
- Staff Software Engineer - Web London, UK
- Staff Software Engineer - Python London, UK
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More
There’s no such thing as one-size-fits-all at M&S. Our new Worklife policy builds flexibility into a career in-store giving you the opportunity to discuss a working pattern that works for you and our business. Learn more and register your interest today.Read More