Finance Manager - Marketing and Online OperationsLocation(s) London
You'll be accountable for delivering high value business insight to the Clothing & Home Marketing teams and Online Operations, to help enable the delivery of an inspirational and effective customer experience. We have ambitious plans to drive online growth as part of the wider transformation of M&S.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager for Online Trade & Operations and Clothing & Home Marketing, you will be providing financial cost management support to the Marketing Head of Planning, the wider Marketing team and the Online cost owners.
With a huge focus on how we use data to drive sales and improve customer experience - we’re excited for what’s to come. As we continue to transform our Clothing & Home business - the sky is the limit and this role is a great opportunity to make a significant contribution to our success!
If you enjoy working collaboratively with business areas and are motivated by making changes that improve experiences of colleagues and customers, join us!Key accountabilities:
- Building positive relationships with the business areas to ensure joined up financial and operational plans
- Providing timely and accurate reporting performance on a monthly and quarterly basis. Providing insightful, forward-looking commentary to facilitate decision making including future risks and opportunities, with appropriate business partner engagement to ensure a no-surprise approach
- Owning the monthly, quarterly and annual re-forecasting process, aligning with key business partners as appropriate to ensure the financial cost plans are in keeping with the overall strategy, while also maintaining Balance Sheet alignment
- Owning the integration of results from the Marketing Mix Model (MMM) into the business planning process to ensure marketing spend is being invested in the highest returning channels
- Tracking the last click Return On Advertising Spend (ROAS) across all digital marketing channels to ensure we are hitting the agreed last click ROAS targets
- Robust reporting of costs and key performance measurements, ensuring these are accurate and fully reconciled to financial data, while ensuring correct accounting policies are in place and being adhered to for cost recognition
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve processes and reporting to remove reliance on manual and Excel based reporting
- Upholding key financial controls including critical spreadsheets and external reporting processes
- Leading, supporting and helping develop both the Clothing & Home Marketing Analyst and Online Analyst in delivery of agreed objectives, as a dotted-line manager
- A qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA) with experience with budgeting, forecasting, business appraisal and analysis and understanding of governance and controls
- Ability to build positive relationships, with a collaborative approach that builds a network amongst colleagues
- Ability to influence non-finance colleagues at senior levels and become a trusted business partner
- A continuous improvement mind set, who can maintain and further improve controls and process
- Commercial awareness and excellent analytical skills
- Confident to challenge the 'business as usual', and an ability to handle change
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexible working approach, with a balance of being in the office and working from home
- Free 24/7 support from our health and wellbeing partners (as well as support for your family)
- Virtual GP Service - free and unlimited access to a qualified GP for you and your family
- 25% off gym memberships, access to online fitness classes and discounts for complementary health services, such as nutrition and lifestyle coaching
- 20% discount on M&S products
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk flexible working. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More