Compliance Support Technologist
M&S Food is changing, and fast! We are undergoing one of the biggest transformations in retailing today to build a bigger, better, fresher food business.
From Percy Pig to the freshest M&S Select Farms produce, we grow, source, and develop our own products to give our customers family-ready food that's unbeatable on flavour and innovation.
We need motivated people who are ready to bring their whole self to work and give it their all in a fast-paced team committed to being the best. After all, this is not just food… This is M&S Food.
We are growing our central Technical team to accelerate our technical transformation. This role is pivotal to our Food Group Governance & compliance and success will enable us to drive industry-leading technical standards and accelerate our innovation.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone that is looking to continue or pursue a career in the food industry, to build a broad knowledge of food group activities whilst also supporting the technical team with robust reporting and the development of effective governance and compliance systems.
Support and champion food group technical governance and compliance reporting and associated processes by leading central supplier support and communication through maintenance of supplier facing portal and Food Technical Centre mailbox. Respond to supplier and Technologist queries in an appropriate and timely way.
You will have strong IT skills, excellent interpersonal skills, an eye for detail and a keen interest to learn and adapt in a fast-moving environment.Key Responsibilities;
- Support the Technical Systems & Policy Manager to establish and maintain governance activities and operational requirements.
- Support the Technical Systems & Policy Manager to deliver timely and accurate coordination of activities such as product withdrawals, recalls and continuous improvement of systems
- Support maintenance of robust and up to date quality management system that delivers legislative requirements and industry leading standards.
- Work with Suppliers and Technologists to make sure the products we sell meet our strict M&S brand requirements and legal obligations.
- Carry out reviews and consider how risks can be reduced; develop internal policy and keep documents up to date and retained according to business requirements.
- Agree and implement plans to meet service level agreements (if applicable) and deliver improvement while working with colleagues and key partners to determine solutions and plans to overcome complex problems and challenges.
- Influence key partners both internally & externally to drive continual improvement and leading standards e.g. suppliers, retail operations, logistics.
- Strong digital skills including advanced working knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, Microsoft Teams and Power BI.
- Ability to collect, analyse, interpret and present technical information from multiple sources in a clear, substantial and concise fashion.
- Ability to pick up, understand and work with complex business systems
- Ability to prioritise and deliver accurate information to deadlines
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk smart/flexible working.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email email@example.com so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More