Advertising ManagerLocation(s) London
M&S Food is changing, and fast! We are undergoing one of the biggest transformations in retailing today to build a bigger, better, fresher food business.
From Percy Pig to the freshest M&S Select Farms produce, we grow, source, and develop our own products to give our customers family-ready food that's unbeatable on flavour and innovation.
We need motivated people who are ready to bring their whole self to work and give it their all in a fast-paced team committed to being the best. After all, this is not just food… This is M&S Food.
As our Advertising Manager, you'll be responsible for supporting the strategy, creation and execution of Food Advertising campaigns and Sponsorship partnerships.
Key Accountabilities and Measures
Area / function of accountability
- Working within the M&S Advertising, Media & Sponsorship team, reporting into the Head of Media & Campaign Planning, supporting a positive and productive work environment
- Line manager of one Assistant Advertising Manager
- Delivering the end-to-end creation, implementation and measurement of seasonal advertising and sponsorship campaigns (Christmas, Easter, Valentine’s Day & Mother’s Day)
- Directing and working closely with internal teams and external agencies to create world-class strategies and campaigns
- Managing internal stakeholders effectively and efficiently
- Balancing and aligning short-term tactical campaigns (trade driving) with long-term strategic goals (brand-building)
- Developing and holding key senior relationships with creative and media colleagues and agencies, and being the internal guardian of advertising and sponsorship strategies and best practice
- Working with CI and partner agencies to optimise our advertising and sponsorship strategy and execution
- Support end-to-end conversations about how to improve our advertising and sponsorship, from strategy, to process, to execution, and how the team collaborates with the wider business
Job & business knowledge & expertise
- Must have Advertising Agency experience to Account Manager level or above
- Must be personable, passionate, resilient, enthusiastic and engaging in order to effectively represent Advertising within a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to think strategically, whilst acting and responding tactically and with agility
- Must be open and collaborative, able to work together with multiple stakeholders and suppliers. This will involve ensuring all senior stakeholders are up to date on all key aspects of campaigns (from creative through production to media planning), engaging the right people at the right time.
- Have a growth mindset with a real and genuine thirst for knowledge, and a drive for constantly improving the status quo
- Effectively collaborating with other departments and external organisations will be a critical part of the job
- Must form a strong and supportive relationship with teammates, particularly Head Of Creative & Head of Creative Production
- Job knowledge – specialist skills, experiences, qualifications, specific systems or practices relevant to the role, latest function specific knowledge
- Business knowledge – level of commercial awareness, economic, commercial, political experience, industry specific knowledge to differentiate M&S from competitors
- Problem solving – analytical skills, ability to direct, lead and deliver solutions that go beyond existing ways of doing things
- People & Leadership skills – communications, leadership and talent development skills.
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the retail industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact.
We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk flexible working.
If you consider yourself to require reasonable adjustments to any part of our recruitment process, we invite you to share those requirements with us when completing your application. We will make every effort to ensure your needs are met to provide a fair and transparent process of assessment.
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More
There’s no such thing as one-size-fits-all at M&S. Our new Worklife policy builds flexibility into a career in-store giving you the opportunity to discuss a working pattern that works for you and our business. Learn more and register your interest today.Read More