Inventory Control Team Manager
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an Inventory Control & Quality Assurance Team Manager to join our Inventory and Quality team based at our Castle Donington Distribution Centre. At 900,000 square feet and split into 3 chambers with a mix of automated and manual operations delivering around two million single items a week during peak. Castle Donington provides invaluable support to both our online and retail operations. We’ve invested millions - But it’s still our people that make the real difference!
As a Team Manager on Cored days, you represent and drive the Inventory Control & Quality Assurance (ICQA) agenda across our 24/7 operation. A key responsibility is ensuring Inventory is available within the warehouse to fulfil orders placed via M&S websites or for replenishment to stores/franchise to drive a forward-thinking customer experience.
Your team is accountable for providing warehouse operations with data, advice and support to ensure customer service levels are attained. There is a requirement for daily monitoring and analysis of Inventory trends to ensure the warehouse is on track to manage key events, deliver customer service and to govern and supervise ICQA related activities. You will be required to work closely with other operational management and other key Business Partners across Castle Donington.
The Core shift work 10:00am – 22:30pm following a two-week rota pattern:
Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
Off In In Off Off In In
In Off Off In In Off Off
Your key responsibilities, amongst others, will include:
- Maintenance of Warehouse Management and Control Systems to ensure that inventory on site is accurate and available for ordering by our customers.
- Leading, developing and coaching the ICQA team
- Interrogation and navigation within numerous warehouse management systems. Conducting investigations into physical inventory issues
- Analysis of data using tools such as Excel, Minitab and Power BI
- ICQA critical metric reporting and inventory monitoring
- Manage & maintain locked & available Inventory reflecting an accurate stock holding to the M&S.com platform
- Conduct all cycle counting to meet the required guidelines given by our external auditing company
- Work alongside the operational team in dedicated areas of the site to resolve errors in situ, sharing knowledge and building capability
- Create and amend team SOPs when new guidelines are given/processes are identified
To succeed in this role, you will have experience leading and inspiring teams and providing them with clear direction through proactive engagement. A self-motivated individual who can prioritise their workload and that of others. Who is an excellent communicator who can adapt to change within a fast-paced environment. In addition, we are looking for someone who has the following skills:
- A good understanding of warehouse planning, inventory processes and an understanding of quality standards.
- Strong organisational skills and an analytical nature with excellent attention to detail.
- Highly computer literate and a proven understanding of Excel and Microsoft packages
In return for your hard work at M&S Castle Donington we offer the following: - 20% M&S Colleague Discount, an on-site subsidised canteen, free on-site parking and electric car charging points. Free Wi-Fi, pension scheme, a Car Share Scheme and other flexible benefits including IT loans, cycle to work scheme, car leasing etc. We believe in investing in you and your development and offer opportunities to broaden your experience and progress. Interested? Please apply!
Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process. Applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email email@example.com, so we can make alternative arrangements.
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More