An exciting opportunity has arisen for a ICQA Technician to join our Inventory Control & Quality Assurance team based at our Castle Donington Distribution Centre. At 900,000 square feet and split into 3 chambers with a mix of automated and manual operations delivering around two million single items a week during peak. Castle Donington provides invaluable support to both our online and retail operations. We’ve invested millions - But it’s still our people that make the real difference!
Your key responsibility will be to make sure the inventory is available within the warehouse, so they can fulfil orders placed via M&S websites or for replenishment to stores/franchises to drive our customer experience. By providing warehouse operations with data, advice and support to ensure customer service levels are attained and exceeded.
This role will be on week 1 Days working a 12-hour shift pattern which includes weekends and bank holidays. The hours are 6.00am to 18.00pm.
Key responsibilities, amongst others, will include to:
- Maintenance of both WMS and the automated system control to ensure that inventory on site is accurate and available for ordering by our customers
- Interrogation and navigation within numerous warehouse management systems and conducting investigations into physical inventory issues
- Analysis of data using tools such as Excel & Microsoft Access
- ICQA critical metric reporting and inventory monitoring
- Manage and maintain locked and available Inventory to reflect an accurate stock holding to the M&S.com platform
- Conduct comprehensive all cycle counting to meet the required guidelines given by our external auditing company
- Work alongside the operational team in dedicated areas of the site to resolve errors in situ and share knowledge and build capability
- Create and amend team SOPs when new guidelines are produced or identified
To succeed in this role you will ideally have experience of WMS systems & interrogation, warehouse planning, inventory processes and an understanding of quality standards. As well as being computer literate with an excellent understanding of Excel and Microsoft packages.
You will have strong organisational skills, an analytical approach to problem solving and an eye for detail. And be comfortable communicating at all levels with different internal business partners from various departments. Able to work completely unsupervised when the need arises, remain calm under pressure and be flexible around your workload to ensure the operational requirements of the role are met.
Interested? Please apply!
In return for your hard work at M&S Castle Donington we offer the following:- 20% M&S Colleague Discount, an on-site subsidised canteen, free on-site parking and electric car charging points. Free Wi-Fi, pension scheme, a Car Share Scheme and other flexible benefits including IT loans, cycle to work scheme, car leasing etc. We believe in investing in you and your development and offer opportunities to broaden your experience and progress.
Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process. Applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email email@example.com, so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More