Team Manager - Merry Hill
Our Team Managers are responsible for leading 92% of our colleague population. They are an integral cog to the instore Management Team. Their role is to help our people be the best that they can be. You could work across departments including Food, Hospitality, Clothing & Home and Operations.
M&S is changing, and we are looking for strong people managers who are experts in their field to drive change and influence the future. It’s the simple ideas that spark from you and your teams that can make the biggest difference. We are working hard to ensure our store estate is fit for the future, we are trialling different concepts, opening new stores and plan to open c.75 stores over the next 3 years, whilst maintaining the traditional values our customers love.
- Drive a selling culture within your team
- Raise performance, capability of the team to support developing internal talent
- Utilise data to support with operational decisions
- Implement a continuous improvement mentality within the team
- Work in partnership with the commercial team
- Energise the team to deliver first class customer service in a fast-paced environment
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working options – alternate weekend working
- Standard working week 39 hours
- 20% Colleague discount on most things from furniture, fashion and of course food
- First class welcome to M&S with a tailored 12-week induction in your training store
- Options to progress – it’s something we’re proud of at M&S. Only if you want to that is. If you don’t, it won’t stop us investing in your continued learning
- Holiday Entitlement 28 days – with more earned the longer you’re with us
- Celebration Day – a paid day off to celebrate something that’s important to you *
- Charity Volunteer Day – A paid day away from work to support your chosen charity *
- Perks and Discounts via the M&S Choices website (these are great and there are lots!) including;
- Cycle to Work scheme where you can buy a new bike*
- Annual bonus
About the application process:
You’ll initially complete a short online application form and then take part in a short video interview. If successful, you’ll be invited to an instore assessment.
Ready to apply?
We are an inclusive employer and are committed to an active Equal Opportunities Policy which starts with our recruitment and selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email Recruitment.Online@marksandspencer.com so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
*Qualifying period applies
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More