Customer Assistant - Foods - Bicester
Change the way we connect with customers
M&S is changing for good and helping you shape your own career for the better. Join us as a Customer Assistant in one of our ever-evolving stores and opportunities will present themselves. Whether you’re thinking of your future at M&S or simply looking for experience in a revolutionary retail business.
We’re totally transforming the customer experience in store, which means you’ll need to bring an upbeat confidence and passion for M&S that shines through every hour of every day. And you’ll also need a digital mindset, because we’re introducing all sorts of new technologies to make your job easier. Freeing up your time to focus on the best bits, like spending time with the customer. If you have all this, you’ll get the recognition you deserve as a true customer favourite – who’s living and breathing the new and improved M&S journey.
You already know us for product innovation and uncompromising quality, but we need to keep on surprising our customers with all the ways you can help them. So when it comes to questions on anything in-store, you’ll really know your stuff. And if our customers are not quite sure what they’re after, you’ll impress with your attention and ability to tell them why they need a certain product in their life. You’ll have a bright energy that customers can’t help but respond to, always gearing towards making welcome recommendations and improving sales. There are lots of ways you can discover your potential at M&S. You just have to put your all into every moment, for every customer.In-Store FAQs
Team Support Manager
Area Manager/Support Office Roles
Deputy Store Manager
Our salaries are competitive and reviewed every year.
Receive 20% discount in-store and online for you and a partner or family member.
A minimum 28 days’ statutory holiday per year, pro-rata if you’re part time.
You can reduce your salary in exchange for up to one contractual week of additional holiday, subject to eligibility and National Living Wage requirements.
We have discretionary bonus schemes depending on the role that you do and the performance of our business.
If you save 3% of your pay into our Pension Saving Plan we will add an extra 6%. More details at www.yourmandspension.com
Free cover of two times your annual salary up to age 70. If you pay into our Pension Saving Plan we double this to four times.
Allows you to save between £5 and £250 per month for three years with the option to buy shares at a 20% discount – or simply take your savings back.
Invest between £10 and £180 each month from your gross salary to buy M&S shares and build up an investment.
Enjoy savings on everyday costs to holidays, recognise your colleague’s success and get more information and support on your wellbeing & benefits.
Cycle to Work
Hire a bike and accessories through Cycle to Work and save on tax and national insurance.
Buy the latest technology with interest free financing directly from your salary.
Health & Wellbeing
Save money on you and your families medical and dental expenses. Get great discounts on gym memberships, active wear, and health products.
Mental Health Support
Free 24/7 support from our expert health and wellbeing partners PAM Wellbeing - including free counselling and CBT as well as support for your family.
Support charities you care about the most by donating through your pay or even volunteer for them for one day.
Access to information and support to help you manage your finances from long term savings to managing your debt or money worries.
Celebration time provides additional time off (up to one day per year) for a special occasion.
Virtual GP service
Free and unlimited access to a qualified GP for all UK colleagues and their families.
Customer Assistant - Foods - Bicester
- To deliver a great shopping experience for their customers, putting customers before task every time
- Champion new ways of working within stores through an open mindset and positive attitude
- Complete tasks and processes that deliver ‘best in town’ standards
- Serve and sell across all channels brilliantly well
- Be the voice of our customer to help us continually improve
- Serve our customers efficiently and brilliantly well – on the shop floor and at service points
- Deliver ‘best in town’ standards through presentation standards, availability and keeping the store clean and tidy
- Skilled to utilise all digital tools and communication channels to do the job
- Share customer and colleague feedback to help us do things better
- Share knowledge and experience with colleagues to support others in building skill and confidence
- Own their own learning & development and proactively access digital learning solutions
- Know the daily sales targets, priorities, promotions & selling opportunities
- Have great product knowledge to sell and recommend our products and services
- Proactively engage with customers to understand their needs and make recommendations
- Understand the store priorities and their part to play
- Complete tasks with pace and in line with SOPs
- Minimise cost and waste through good process practice
- Follow safe and legal working practices
- Understands how M&S operates,it’sstrategy, future and the role they play
- Committed to delivering excellent work fast with great attention to detail
- Open to and acts on feedback, asking for this regularly
- Sets performance objectives for self in conjunction with line manager and in line with business plans
- Takes accountability for planning and managing own work efficiently to ensure objectives are met
- Is curious and asks questions to challenge the status quo – ask why the company does things the way it does things
- Effective at communicating their intentions to others; ensures communication is clear and simple
- In control of their own reactions and considers how to share their perspective to create better reaction for team
- Copes well with change and work challenges and recovers quickly from its impact
- Builds positive relationships by being a good listener and getting to know people by establishing a connection
Technical Skills/ Experience
- Contributing to store sales and cost control
- Work across the store to get things done right first time within timescales
- Comprehensive knowledge of customer shopping channels
- Good level of product knowledge and services across the store
- Up to date knowledge of the commercial operation and brilliant basics
- Good level of digital capability and use of digital tools and applications
- Understand customer needs and spot selling opportunities
- Adapting to change
- Good Knowledge of VM principles
Key Relationships and Stakeholders
- Store Leadership
Similar roles for you
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More