Space Range & Display Analyst
M&S Food is changing, and fast! We are undergoing one of the biggest transformations in retailing today to build a bigger, better, fresher food business.
From Percy Pig to the freshest M&S Select Farms produce, we grow, source, and develop our own products to give our customers family-ready food that's unbeatable on flavour and innovation.
We need motivated people who are ready to bring their whole self to work and give it their all in a fast-paced team committed to being the best. After all, this is not just food… This is M&S Food.
Working alongside a team of analysts to implement analytical techniques in a demanding and fast-paced environment. The role is varied within our Space, Range & Display team and will include data analysis, modelling, technical development, project work, business interaction and understanding the workings of a complex business. Required to support the business by extracting useful information from large datasets for performance tracking, identifying trends and presenting results to the business.Key accountabilities and measures
- Development of data driven solutions to business questions
- Work closely with internal & external partners to fully understand requirements and provide collaborative solutions based on a commercial and analytical understanding
- Interrogating the Big Data platform to generate insight from data
- Ownership and development of large programs written in SQL
- Producing high quality visualisations and presentations that clearly communicate complicated ideas to a non-technical audience
- Deliver analytics priorities by consulting with key stakeholders across Supply Chain
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical and numerical skills with an understanding of statistical analysis techniques is required, and a background in statistics
- Experience developing analytical models in SQL & porting code between multiple SQL implementations is desirable (including Oracle, SQLServer, Hive, SAS and Impala)
- Data visualisation – Ability to produce clear, understandable visualisations. Experience of one or more visualisation tool (Spotfire/Tableau/Qlickview) would be beneficial
- Experience using at least one of SAS, R, Python or Apache Spark
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk smart/flexible working.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More