Advance the world of digital through M&S
Leading the transformation of an industry. The continuous pursuit of new information, resourcefulness and invention. Thousands, if not millions of people benefiting from your product-led ideas, every day. That’s why you join M&S Tech. Here, you’ll be proud of your projects, enhance your understanding of new technologies, and shape the future of a new, digitally prevailing brand of retail. Progress isn’t in the pipeline, it’s already happening. And we’re as determined to advance technology through M&S, as we are to advance M&S through technology. Want to help us?
It’s a mindset, a special drive and an enthusiasm that says, ‘We can’t wait to solve this problem’. It’s growing closer as a team through deep discussions about the technologies we love, whether next-gen or old classics. Most of all, it’s wanting to share that excitement with our customers and colleagues – reinventing retail into its most innovative form, then unlocking fresh potential and raising the bar yet again.Explore M&OS
Our salaries are competitive and reviewed every year.
Receive 20% discount in-store and online for you and a partner or family member.
A minimum 28 days’ statutory holiday per year, pro-rata if you’re part time.
You can reduce your salary in exchange for up to one contractual week of additional holiday, subject to eligibility and National Living Wage requirements.
We have discretionary bonus schemes depending on the role that you do and the performance of our business.
If you save 3% of your pay into our Pension Saving Plan we will add an extra 6%. More details at www.yourmandspension.com
Free cover of two times your annual salary up to age 70. If you pay into our Pension Saving Plan we double this to four times.
Allows you to save between £5 and £250 per month for three years with the option to buy shares at a 20% discount – or simply take your savings back.
Invest between £10 and £180 each month from your gross salary to buy M&S shares and build up an investment.
Enjoy savings on everyday costs to holidays, recognise your colleague’s success and get more information and support on your wellbeing & benefits.
Cycle to Work
Hire a bike and accessories through Cycle to Work and save on tax and national insurance.
Buy the latest technology with interest free financing directly from your salary.
Health & Wellbeing
Save money on you and your families medical and dental expenses. Get great discounts on gym memberships, active wear, and health products.
Mental Health Support
Free 24/7 support from our expert health and wellbeing partners PAM Wellbeing - including free counselling and CBT as well as support for your family.
Support charities you care about the most by donating through your pay or even volunteer for them for one day.
Access to information and support to help you manage your finances from long term savings to managing your debt or money worries.
Celebration time provides additional time off (up to one day per year) for a special occasion.
Virtual GP service
Free and unlimited access to a qualified GP for all UK colleagues and their families.
At M&S our Technology and Business Teams are in the early stages of a bold finance centric transformation strategy for our SAP landscapes (this includes significant investment in new technologies to enable our exciting wider business transformation agenda). We have a very clear vision for the future which includes a move from SAP ECC to S4 Hana.
As an SAP Product Manager you will prioritize work to improve customer experience and business outcome. As we progress further on our journey to implementing new technologies this role will be critical in making the decisions about where we continue to build on old technologies vs. where we wait and implement later.
The SAP Product Manager, will demonstrate solid knowledge of both the technology and an understanding of the business and the customer needs. You will bring external insights to influence a product vision that differentiates and delivers outstanding value. It will be essential to have SAP logistics experience as well as knowledge of the future tech we intend to invest in (SAP S4 Hana etc.)
The best Product Managers are dreamers, passionate about delivering commercial value, providing thought leadership - generating ideas that encourage and influence others. Being creative and persistent, constantly evangelizing, building trust, problem solving, and a great communicator resulting in delivering the most value for the business.Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
The SAP Logistics Product Manager will have a comprehensive knowledge of MM, SD (possibly EWM) and their integrations with SAP FICO. The successful candidate will join a small experienced team of M&S Product Managers who report to the Head Product for Finance & SAP. This role will require great communication and influencing skills and regular interaction with our business partners are our 3rd party implementation and support partner, TCS. Other accountabilities and responsibilities include:
- Autonomous management of product(s) leading to the delivery of measurable value
- Collaboration aligning business, product and technical priorities to set the product direction
- Own the interactions of the product with other product teams
- Manage the product’s backlog and contribute to any overall prioritisation, including cross-product
- Build cases or lean canvas as required that include market analysis, costs and business/user benefit.
- Ensures product measures of success are defined, supervised and communicated
- Apply lean practices while delivering value through iterative development i.e. (MVP)
- Drive launch readiness, collaborating closely with all parties to ensure adoption
- Uses and generates high value from product optimisation, experimentation techniques and user science tools to validate ideas and influence the products.
- Able to operate as a mentor and coach to Associate Product Managers and actively contributes to the wider Product culture acting as a Product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Become a key player within a fantastic team who can roll with the emotional and practical challenges of a varied and often unplanned activities
Specialist SAP logistics skills that have been acquired through multiple years of experience during greenfield implementations as well as upgrades and iterative technical changes. Experience of finance centric change SAP change programs would be advantageous as the logistic processes will not drive the supply change, but will instead ensure financial integrity and control within our Business Service Centre.
A practical attitude as well as a level of commercial awareness, economic, political experience, and industry specific knowledge to help differentiate M&S from competitors
An unrivaled problem solving, with the skills to communicate, advise and influence as well as the ability lead and deliver innovative and creative solutions
People and leadership skills are key as well as the ability to clearly communicate, lead and develop talent.Essential
- Experience in product management, demonstrating successful development and delivery of product strategies - roadmaps through to product launch and optimization.
- Extensive knowledge of SAP technologies and understanding Architecture, Delivery and Operations.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with cross functional teams in a constructive and collaborative relationship
- Understanding of Product Health and performance through key SLA’s e.g. Platform Availability, Usage Metrics, Performance Metrics and Scale metrics
- Product management techniques and methods, inc facilitating discovery and ideation workshops
- Strong problem solving skills, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, narrative.
- Solid understanding in the use of tools & techniques for backlog prioritisation and basic knowledge and experience of agile software development
- Financial foresight to demonstrate the products value
- Knowledge and experience at implementing modern SAP technologies including SAP S4 HANA, BW4, SAC, PAPM and Ariba
- Previous experience working in a Retail environment on a SAP centric finance transformation
- Good knowledge of Agile Product Management tools e.g. Jira & Jira Align and cloud technologies (inc Azure)
- Experience of transitioning and operating in a full DevOps environment
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk flexible working. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
Similar roles for you
- Senior Software Engineer London, UK Regular
- Lead Software Engineer London, UK Regular
- Software Engineer London, UK Regular
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More