Junior Inspection Technician
As a Junior Inspection Technician you will be working on the latest automation technology, in the largest automated site of its type in Europe. You will be trained on engineering specific skills through our internal & externally-led courses. Those with potential will be able to progress through business-sponsored NVQ2 & 3 qualifications and get accredited by the Society of Operations Engineers who support our training programme. This is the perfect starting point for someone looking to develop a career in Engineering.
You will act as the first point of contact for faults to try to resolve the issue and escalate where necessary in line with H&S standards and standard operating procedures (SOPs). We have 17.5km of conveyor on site as well as 39 cranes (some up to 25m high) to name but a few, so there is a lot of kit to keep you busy.
Our Engineering Department follow a four week shift pattern which includes days, nights and weekends on rotation.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Perform foundation maintenance, cleaning, inspections and feedback effectively to ensure potential imminent failures are actioned by engineering team in a timely manner.
- Actively monitor areas for potential signs of equipment failure or congestion and escalate issues
- Support a culture of Continuous Improvement by supporting the business in identifying machinery issues, with respect to repeat faults, suspect components/mechanisms.
- Drive a culture of Health and Safety leading by example to ensure proactive actions and attitudes at all stages to eliminate the risk of accidents.
- As the first point of contact for faults within the engineering department, ensure tasks are complete to a quality standard, SOP’s are strictly adhered to and issues are escalated in a timely manner.
- Ensure the machinery is working to an acceptable level by performing foundation maintenance cleaning activities as per standard SOP’s.
- Support engagement by effective communication, attendance at briefings & appropriate use of email
- Operate MEWP’s (working at height), climb crane access ladders up to 30m using the appropriate PPE
Your skills and experience will include:
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) grades C or above in Maths and English OR have the ability to pass a reading and maths comprehension test to this level
- Ability to follow directions and instructions in the English Language both in writing and verbally, as well as follow procedure and adhere to strict H&S rules
- Computer literate
- Ability to work at heights and climb crane access ladders up to 30m using the appropriate PPE.
- Experience of working in an automated or similar environment
- MEWP Certification (desirable)
- A desire to progress and develop a career in Engineering