Head of Ecom Fulfilment (Network)
M&S.com is right at the heart of our ability to deliver the products our customers want through a service they love. As shopping habits continue to change, it has enabled our transformation into a truly multi-channel retailer. Milestones include the development of our own platform to give us greater control; the creation of an E-Commerce distribution centre; international websites and in-store technologies to improve the customer experience. It has grown to deliver on sales objectives and it has led a revolution in digitising our business as we undergo one of the biggest transformations in retailing today. Turbo charging .com is one of the pillars of our Transformation strategy
This role will play a pivotal part in the delivery of Online capacity growth and the delivery of new E.comm fulfilment opportunities by leading and driving the integration of our Logistics projects into retail and across the Logistics operations function to improve efficiency and deliver a better customer experience. We’re transforming at M&S and this role is a great opportunity to make a significant contribution to our success!
Please note our e.commerce distribution centre at Castle Donington is not in scope for this role but will be a partner in delivering this role.
In this role your key responsibilities, amongst others, will include to:-
- Lead on the online logistics operational improvement programme as part of improving the he End to End flow of goods to store and customers, and execution of E.comm logistics principles and projects into retail through:
- Developing a best practice back-stage process to warehouse principles, prove in trial stores and roll out to estate
- Developing in-store-fulfilment processes for e.commerce and roll out, including refinement of Order Management Systems and Store Warehouse Management Systems
- Developing best practice returns in-store process and model network benefits
- Drive continuous improvement in our click and collect processes and lead new initiatives
- Owning the disaster recovery and business continuity plans for Logistics ensuring all capacity opportunities are documented and tested
- Drive the delivery of tactical E.comm capacity options outside of Castle Donington, aligning with the long term volume plans and Logistics strategies, and executing to operational best practice principles
- Support the development and own the delivery of the Online cost to serve model for all routes to customer
- Work with stakeholders across the business to develop clear plans and processes for operational in-store execution and support the set up and delivery of trials and pilots in stores and agree the approach for roll out with retail.
- Work in collaboration with the Logistics and End to End Flow Project Managers to ensure that there are clear plans in place across relevant projects and the appropriate governance and measurement is in place to support the logistics operations
- Drive full integration with the Digital Retail team and e.commerce team. Identify additional opportunities for operational improvement by having close alignment with Retail Strategy, e.commerce development and Castle Donington Operations
As an e.commerce fulfilment leader with significant experience in senior roles, you will come to M&S with strong leadership skills gained within a matrix organisation and a detailed knowledge of e.commerce order fulfilment and operations. You will have experience of logistics operations, distribution economics, change management and data analysis together with a strong financial acumen. You will be a great communicator, with a natural ability to influence others and move towards a common vision or goal in an environment where no two days are the same.
Your base location is flexible you will need to be able to access our Distribution Centres at Castle Donington, Bradford and Welham Green.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our business at an exciting time of transformation and change and in exchange for your experience we will reward you with a competitive salary and market leading benefits package.
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More
Angela joined us from the BBC where she worked as a Researcher. But her move to Analytics at M&S saw her announced as one of 2019’s Women in Data.View more