Network Dispatch Planner
• Our business has taken a step change in its C&H Supply Chain Planning capability to ensure we are planning the supply chain and logistics operation with the right balance between commercial benefits, cost initiatives and operational efficiencies.
• This role is to assist in building and agreeing accurate C&H site dispatch plans, including managing the modelling and analytics which underpin the plans, recommending appropriate changes to meet the needs of the business, addressing operational challenges when required and working across the business to drive further accuracy in the plans.
About the role
Your key accountabilities will include
• Pro-actively support in the C&H Dispatch Planning processes, including launch, in-season, reduced and promotion planning.
• Support in engaging with the business operations and sites on Dispatch Planning.
• Modelling of intake and dispatch for the network to identify breaches, opportunities to smooth and setting shape of the week
• Producing allocation plans to agree site dispatch requirements on behalf of and in conjunction with BUs
• Help to agree capacities and understanding site capabilities to maximise operational cost benefits at all times
• Monitoring pick capping and prioritisation parameters,
• Identifying planning inaccuracies and providing analytics and insights into root causes to inaccuracies
• Help providing management information for BUs on forward planning and planning inaccuracies
• Assist in launch/peak planning with a focus on maximising availability instore
• Support current Launch Availability improvements and reporting for all channels.
• Ad-hoc requests supporting delivery of the following business outcomes;
o (a) ensure we maximise the availability improvements from recent and planned investments, ensuring we are tracking progress against plan and proactively resolving any issues
o (b) support ongoing operational efficiencies in the Supply Chain and Logistics network
• Contribute to the development of new ideas & insight with the team
• Scope is all C&H channels. Excludes Foods.
Your skills and experience will include
• Experience in Supply Chain Planning principles and practices preferred but not essential
• Knowledge of business IT and MI systems, e.g. Spotfire (Dispatch Planning Model and Daily Allocation), Business Objects
• JDA knowledge preferable
• Knowledge of logistics distribution networks and planning
• Advanced Excel Skills
• Knowledge of Demand Forecasting
• Excellent stakeholder management
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Commercial acumen
• Good analytical skills
• Time management
• Organisational Skills
Key relationships and stakeholders
• Allocators/BU Allocation Planners/BU Planning Managers/Merchandisers/Assistant Merchandisers
• C&H Logistics Operations
• C&H Logistics Network Planning
• Site based planning teams
• M&S.com Logistics
• IT MI Support
• Transition Teams