Executive Assistant to Foods Group Director
A great opportunity has arisen to join the Foods Group providing proactive executive support for the Commercial Director who is a member of the Foods Leadership Team. This role plays a critical part in supporting the Commercial Director in all daily activities and owning a number of projects. The successful candidate is likely to have an Personal Assistant or Executive assistant background and have a proven track record in delivering results in a fast pace and changing environment.
About the role
Your key accountabilities will include:
- The Commercial Director in all daily activities.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the Foods Group business in order to assist the Director and his team.
- Maintain good working relationships with key internal colleagues and departments
- Track and update the overall budget for the department, alerting the Commercial Director to any issues or overspends
- Act as the key point of contact for IT to ensure the department has the technology it needs to perform its role effectively
- Provide administrative support to the Commercial Director including diary management and expense claims
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Dealing with enquires from internal and external stakeholders
- Managing issues that surface, as appropriate, before they reach the Commercial Director
- Foods Group Leadership Team meetings and away days – as well as wider department meetings – including drafting agendas, collating and distributing papers and presentations and following up on actions to ensure they are completed within agreed timeframes
- Directly following up on emails and phone calls for the Commercial Director, when appropriate, and drafting replies for review when necessary
- Supporting the Commercial Director to prepare presentations for internal and external meetings and events including sourcing information and imagery, drafting talking points and producing PowerPoint slides
- Supporting the Commercial Director to prepare reports and papers for the OpCo and Board
- Ensuring papers and agendas for internal and external meetings are collated in good time and helping to manage expectations on when work is required, and when feedback is needed, to support the Commercial Director effectively manage their time and priorities
- Effective delivery of tasks on time; demonstrating a clear understanding of the priorities and needs of the Corporate Communications Director and wider department our key accountabilities will include
Your skills and experience will include
- Experience in a senior support role in a large fast-paced organisation and excellent communication and influencing skills are a must.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to engage with all levels both inside and outside the company including engagement with senior journalists, politicians and representatives from campaigning groups
- Ability to act at pace and resilience when under pressure
- Excellent IT skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong project management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to handle competing priorities, time-sensitive projects and potential conflicts; demonstrating sound judgement
- Foresight to identify and address potential issues at the earliest stage of their development
- Ability to plan work efficiently to ensure own deadlines are fully achieved
- Experience of budget management