Technical Programme Manager - Enteprise Integration
Advance the world of digital through M&S
Leading the transformation of an industry. The continuous pursuit of new information, resourcefulness and invention. Thousands, if not millions of people benefiting from your product-led ideas, every day. That’s why you join M&S Tech. Here, you’ll be proud of your projects, enhance your understanding of new technologies, and shape the future of a new, digitally prevailing brand of retail. Progress isn’t in the pipeline, it’s already happening. And we’re as determined to advance technology through M&S, as we are to advance M&S through technology. Want to help us?
It’s a mindset, a special drive and an enthusiasm that says, ‘We can’t wait to solve this problem’. It’s growing closer as a team through deep discussions about the technologies we love, whether next-gen or old classics. Most of all, it’s wanting to share that excitement with our customers and colleagues – reinventing retail into its most innovative form, then unlocking fresh potential and raising the bar yet again.Explore M&OS
Our salaries are competitive and reviewed every year.
Receive 20% discount in-store and online for you and a partner or family member.
A minimum 28 days’ statutory holiday per year, pro-rata if you’re part time.
You can reduce your salary in exchange for up to one contractual week of additional holiday, subject to eligibility and National Living Wage requirements.
We have discretionary bonus schemes depending on the role that you do and the performance of our business.
If you save 3% of your pay into our Pension Saving Plan we will add an extra 6%. More details at www.yourmandspension.com
Free cover of two times your annual salary up to age 70. If you pay into our Pension Saving Plan we double this to four times.
Allows you to save between £5 and £250 per month for three years with the option to buy shares at a 20% discount – or simply take your savings back.
Invest between £10 and £180 each month from your gross salary to buy M&S shares and build up an investment.
Enjoy savings on everyday costs to holidays, recognise your colleague’s success and get more information and support on your wellbeing & benefits.
Cycle to Work
Hire a bike and accessories through Cycle to Work and save on tax and national insurance.
Buy the latest technology with interest free financing directly from your salary.
Health & Wellbeing
Save money on you and your families medical and dental expenses. Get great discounts on gym memberships, active wear, and health products.
Mental Health Support
Free 24/7 support from our expert health and wellbeing partners PAM Wellbeing - including free counselling and CBT as well as support for your family.
Support charities you care about the most by donating through your pay or even volunteer for them for one day.
Access to information and support to help you manage your finances from long term savings to managing your debt or money worries.
Celebration time provides additional time off (up to one day per year) for a special occasion.
Virtual GP service
Free and unlimited access to a qualified GP for all UK colleagues and their families.
Technical Programme Manager - Enteprise Integration
As a Technical Program Manager (TPM) you will drive the execution of product solutions within M&S. You will successfully be responsible for the various stages of the product development life-cycle or Programme of work, acting as an equal partner with our Engineering and Product teams to deliver solutions that contribute and help balance, coordinate and supervise cross-functional dependencies, while ensuring the overall delivery remains smooth and efficient.
This will require a hands-on approach, combined with strong technical foresight and good partner management, to drive engagement and measures such as OKRs, building strong, trust-based partnerships with colleagues and suppliers.
You will drive collaborations between teams to deliver shared goals providing inspiration, support and mentoring when required, operating as a servant leader. A key attribute will be to empower others to foster a demeanour of continuous improvement across people, process and technology to enhance the delivery and flow of value.
Enterprise Integration is a crucial part of all M&S digital solutions and data flows. Delivery is based on demands, dependencies or the continuous change to existing integration capabilities and data services. The new Integration Technology product team will define an integration migration approach to support legacy applications to exit our on-premise data centre. A move to the cloud and will also enable federation of integration engineering. All of this to be achieved in tight timescales but aligned to the M&S Tech Strategy and Architectural North Star.
As a Technical Program Manager with experience of project and product development you will combine your business knowledge with technical expertise to drive product innovation, removing ambiguity and promoting an ‘own it and get it done’ demeanour.Key accountabilities & responsibilities
The Technical Program Manager (TPM) is the glue of engineering, product and business strategies. Working across teams you will perform various functions whether that be within the product organisation or managing cross-functional programmes of work, utilising technical expertise in handling constraints, improving quality or removing blockers within the development lifecycle.
The mission is to harness agile ways of working and embed our strategic ambitions to successfully deliver change at scale. The key to the success of this role is building positive, trusting relationships through consistent, on-time delivery of solutions and effective communication in-line with the M&S Way.
More specifically, the TPM role is the embodiment of ‘own it, and get it done’ with key responsibilities as follows:
- Grow and facilitate team(s) to become highly motivated and capable to deliver innovative product solutions
- Co-ordinate multi-disciplinary initiatives within a Product led organisation or Programme of work
- Manage risks, issues and dependencies and call out where appropriate
- Supervise team(s) execution progress through sync up events, providing visibility and transparency through appropriate cadence and tools
- Operate as a servant leader, removing impediments and reducing delivery friction
- Own the team(s) release activities and partner communication, removing blockers, identifying improvements, and iterating the team’s roadmap
- Input to the team technology budget and financial administration processes, driving value for money in the hardest working, most efficient way
- Own DevOps for the teams, supporting in the triage, communication and resolution of major incidents, problem records and service requests where vital collaborating with Engineering and Product to ensure operational success
- Contribute and collaborate with Product Manager(s) and engineering teams to create roadmaps and OKRs ensuring team(s) alignment to strategic ambitions for M&S and driving a customer first mind-set in Tech
- Work collaboratively with partners across business area(s) using deep and relevant technology experience to simplify sophisticated technology issues
- Build trusted relationships with and effectively manage contractual obligations with vendors and other external partners to ensure successful delivery of outcomes.
- Proactively evaluate industry, technology and delivery trends to demonstrate external findings and drive improvements internally
- Interact with and contribute to the rest of the TPM Community to share lessons learnt and drive consistency across the organisation
- Drive continuous improvement as a culture by coaching Product and Engineering communities
- Actively contribute to learn and grow within the TPM Community
- Job knowledge: Specialist skills, experiences, qualifications, specific systems or practices relevant to the role, the latest function specific knowledge
- Business knowledge: Level of commercial awareness, economic, commercial, political experience, industry specific knowledge to differentiate M&S from competitors
- Problem solving: Analytical skills, ability to advise, lead and deliver solutions that go beyond existing ways of doing things
- People & Leadership skills: Communications, leadership and talent development skills
- Experience of software development or Technical Product/Programme Management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proactive can-do demeanour and ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non‐technical individuals
- Working experience of Agile Methodologies including Scrum, Kanban and DevOps
- Ability to organise and prioritise collaboratively across multiple subject areas
- Analytical and logical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated evidence of team health and performance
- Excellent servant leadership and coaching skills in lean agile practices
- Experience in defining and managing key achievements and outcome led Product/Programme delivery
- Financial and commercial competence including exposure to budgeting processes and contractual discussions
- Strong facilitation skills to articulate clear outputs, drive teams or individuals towards specific desirable outcomes
- An understanding of cloud-based environments, frameworks and technology
- An understanding of Integration technologies, capabilities, and standards
- Experience in Agile Project / Portfolio Management tools, for example, Jira/JiraAlign
- Experience using facilitation techniques., Design Thinking techniques, coaching, and learning frameworks
- Understanding of engineering practices like BDD, XP and Agile Testing, Continuous Integration and Continuous delivery
- Experience in Support and Infrastructure Operations
- Prior experience working in the Retail Industry
- Bachelor’s degree
- Project Management, Agile or Scaled Agile certification
- Product Managers, Engineers, Architects and Service Owners
- Business Partners
- 3rd Party Suppliers
- Technical Program Manager Community Members
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk flexible working. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email email@example.com so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
Similar roles for you
- Senior Software Engineer London, UK Regular
- Lead Software Engineer London, UK Regular
- Software Engineer London, UK Regular
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More