Merchandise Admin AssistantLocation(s) London
From Merchandising and Marketing - Product Development and Design, through to Supply Chain and Space Planning - our mission is to bring stylish wardrobe, home and beauty essentials to our customers via an easy, inspiring shopping experience online and in store that will delight them every time.
As we accelerate the transformation of our business to suit the changing needs of our customer, we need results-orientated colleagues that not only have a passion for our product, but a strong team working ethos, creativity and a healthy commercial aim to join us on our journey.
To put the customer requirements at the centre of the product offer to develop and deliver a commercial and profitable range that optimises sales opportunity
This is an entry level role to start an exciting career in Merchandising or a next move for a current Merchandising admin assistant looking to take the next steps in their career.
We have various roles within our Business units, this could be in Womenswear, Menswear, Lingerie or Kidswear or even the Brands team.
At the top of your CV please explain why you would like to start a career in Merchandising
Key accountabilities and measures
- Running daily sales reports, distributing to team, and aiding in analysis
- Actively partake in Monday sales analysis through report running and document creation
- With the guidance of the Merchandiser / AM compile and provide information to ad-hoc requests from other areas of the business e.g., Marketing, Supply Chain, Sourcing
- Aid AM in catalogue management and range plan creation
- Support team in compiling and running central documentation.
- Check, compile and manage internal departmental documentation (Airfreight summary, production workouts, lessons learnt documentation)
- Create Purchase Orders and aid AM in PO management
- Assign and check ad-hoc attributes Range Planner.
- Receive and work with AM to interpret supply chain exception reports.
- Create and manage IDL’s and ensure updated reduced charts.
- Ensure Supply base has submitted relevant and up to date information to manage production and drive sales.
- Update systems to maintain accurate history through mappings.
- Strong numerical, analytical, and interpretive skills
- Organisational skills
- Continually ensure personal behaviours reflects the vision and values of the business.
- Initiate and build strong relationships with suppliers, stores, and own team.
- Communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Able to fully utilise the relevant IT support systems – Range Planner, SSI, SAP, CMS / PLM, GMOR
Key relationships and stakeholders
- Merchandising team and peers
- Sourcing Offices
- Buying Team
- Flexible working approach, with a balance of being in the office and working from home
- Competitive salary
- 20 days holiday + 1 celebration day
- 20% discount on M&S products
- A range of wellbeing support (including a virtual GP)
- 25% off gym memberships, access to online fitness classes and discounts for complementary health services, such as nutrition and lifestyle coaching
Interested? Apply here!
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer strives to be an inclusive organisation, trusted, and loved by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk flexible working.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email email@example.com so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More