Commercial Finance Analyst - Online
Fully woven into the DNA of M&S, our Finance team plays a key role in setting the pace for our key business decisions, shaping our budgets, analysing our sales, managing costs and making sure our most vital statistics and data are absolutely accurate.
With a focus on adding value to all business areas by helping them make data-driven decisions and understand what is driving commercial performance – it’s our job to make sure the right tools, processes, governance and ways of working are in place to support this.
We are looking for a Commercial Analyst to support the delivery of our revenue and operating profit targets through value analysis and insight.
You will be working alongside the Commercial Finance Manager & Controller and be a key player in driving forward the commercial capability of the Finance team, partnering with two commercial areas of our business.
One partner will be the Online Trading team, where you will track the performance and financial impact of our Online Trading Strategy.
You will also partner the commercial finance team and trading areas, supporting with key Ocado performance tracking. Performance clarity through reporting, analysis & insights ; Focus on key driver activities.
Both areas will need providing detailed analysis, commercial insight and modelling. We will need you to challenge in a constructive way to drive high performance, improve governance and support decision making.
About The Role
What you will be doing:
- Understand key sales, margin and profitability drivers and pro-actively undertake analysis to support the Business Unit Finance Business Partners to ensure we improve sales and margin opportunities
- Help to deliver our Ocado objectives by improving reporting capabilities on efficiences, pipelines, and main KPI’s. Work together with finance partners and buyers to forecasts these important metrics, while keeping on track with performance.
- Assist with the review of Online Offering through insightful and consistent reporting. Understand key financial metrics and pro-actively challenge where it will be important to improve performance
- A key contact within the team, supporting the improvement and ongoing management of the Financial Planning and Reporting tool (BOARD)
- Facilitate the monthly commercial review process: challenging forecasts, R&O and working alongside FP&A teams and Online Trading team
- Accountable for driving forward incremental improvements to processes and propositions based on feedback and insight from colleagues, ensuring robust governance remains in place
- Acting as a trusted business partner who is accountable for bringing valuable advice and insight to the table, and actively contribute to the delivery of the business’ strategy and critical metrics
- Present sophisticated information credibly to influence non-financial colleagues
- Influence and handle relationships with key partners to enable successful delivery of activities and projects
The skills you will need / preferred:
- A finalist / newly qualified Accountant – CIMA/ACCA/ACA/CA
- Experience with budgeting & forecasting
- Confident with business appraisal and analysis
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Knowledge of sales to gross profit
- Understanding of Online Trading & Cost Reporting
- A strong commercial mentality, with a sound understanding of the market
- Can make an impact with senior management, business partners and wider finance teams
- A quick learner, hardworking and solution focused
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process and we are happy to talk smart/flexible working. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
selected for you
Our amazing colleagues span many walks of life - all with some brilliant stories to tell. Here are just some we think you’ll want to look at.View More