Commercial Manager Womenswear
We have a fantastic opportunity for an accomplished Retail manager to join M&S in our Gyle store. The store is celebrating being 25years old this year and is a key store within the region serving customers needs across the East of Scotland not just within Edinburgh. The role would provide the successful candidate the opportunity to work within an Academy store with a multi-million pound accountability. The store is a high profile store, ranking as a top 70 store.
You would be responsible for leading and coaching a team of 6 section managers and a head count of 90 colleagues, working in partnership with a team of Managers that includes 4 Commercial Managers as well as Visual Manager. Responsible for leading the largest Women’s and Lingerie sections within the region so it is vital that you have the skills to think beyond your own store to help shape and the success across the region within your peer group.
The store has already had significant inward investment this year including additional Cafe/ New Deli to Go shop/ New CSD and Click and Collect environment as well as a company ‘Pop up Mall shop’ and additional refrigeration to support Food opportunity.
The successful candidate must be forward thinking leader who will play a pivotal role across the Edinburgh Central region in driving the overall regional ambitions so should have a customer centric mind set, in depth retail knowledge and proven experience of KPI management and team leadership.
About the role
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Delivering through inspirational leadership
- Making sound commercial decisions to maximise sales performance
- Setting the tone for the team through role modelling the right service behaviours
- Driving cultural change to support business priorities
- Leading a team of managers and colleagues to be flexible and agile to ensure we serve our customers well
- Playing your part in supporting colleagues cross region to achieve our collective objectives
You will be an experienced leader with a proven track record of delivering results with an exceed mindset who will be a role model to others both in terms of your behaviours and your business results.
Your skills and experience will include
- Brilliant leadership skills across all levels
- Ability to create and maintain a network of stakeholders across stores, retail and within the WW BU
- Ability to demonstrate personal resilience to achieve greater results
- Consistently demonstrates a customer first mindset, role-modeling correct behaviours and driving continuous improvement
- Ability to lead a team through change
- Highly self-motivated
- Able to demonstrate financial awareness and a profitable mindset, continuously thinking of ways to drive sales, manage costs and add value