HSE Business Partner
An opportunity has arisen for a new Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Business Partner to join the team at the Castle Donington Distribution Centre (DC). As part of this role, you will ensure the effective management of Safety & Environmental Management Systems to meet our legal obligations and continue to develop a strong safety culture at the site.
Leading a small team of HSE professionals on site, you will partner Operational and Engineereing Managers to deliver the site H&S Plan through SMART objectives at all levels on site to develop a sustainable Health, Safety and Plan A focused culture. Development will be available as you step up to cover the Network Health, Safety and Plan A Manager when required. To achieve this and be successful within the role, you will be an established leader working in a similar role in a logistics or manufacturing environment; ability to influence, motivate others and credible amongst peers and senior leaders; and a proven track record in establishing a safety culture within a fast moving technical e-commerce and retail environment
About the role
Your key accountabilities will include
- Develop and execute annual safety strategy and targets for Castle Donington including business partnering Operations Managers and other key stakeholders within Engineering to ensure effective delivery of H&S plan through SMART objectives at all levels on site to develop sustainable Health, Safety and Plan A focused culture.
- Overall lead for maintenance of Safety & Environment Management System at Castle Donington including audit program.
- Duty holder for generic and technical Risk Assessments: PUWER, COSHH, MHE, MH etc, for both operations and engineering. Coordinate the review of existing assessments and conduct assessments as required. Be the accountable person for safety on site for risk assessment execution, support and guidance.
- Provide support and coaching to functional teams (Operations & Engineering) to ensure compliance to current legislation and reinforcement of site standards.
- Critical role in change management projects to ensure safe execution of all change and risk reduction is included in all project development plans.
- Duty Holder for Incident Management and Analysis. Partner business owners to conduct effective investigations and develop sustainable plans to prevent reoccurrence
- Drive proactive safety culture through effective communications and continuous improvement. Lead the SHE workstream in partnership with functional owners. Lead by example in embedding a culture of outstanding communication and achievement, taking opportunities to coach and develop teams across departments and shifts
- Management of site HSE team and overall responsibility for site’s HSE competence development. Develop and deliver appropriate HSE functional and cultural development training including leadership accountabilities, behavioural safety, technical risk assessment and environmental procedures.
Your skills and experience will include
- IOSH/NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualified, ideally with additional Environmental experience
- Set the agenda – self-starter who can identify and articulate value add opportunities to both peers and senior management.
- Leadership – Confident when providing direction to senior management and Peers. Ability to manage conflict and sensitivity between commercial and safety requirements plus achieve a safe outcome.
- Coaching – An articulate communicator who can listen to and understand people’s needs and adapts style to achieve best outcomes.
- Influencing – Collaborate well with others at all levels to deliver results. Can be direct and forthright as well as tactful. Influences through building effective relationships and gaining respect.
- Ability to think strategically and then turn it into practical outputs and actions
- Proven experience of leading a team in an distribution centre within a fast moving technical e-commerce and retail environment, ideally automated.