Be right at the heart of the Castle Donington operation and support delivery of our customer promise by joining the Flow team as a Technician.
Working in a small team, you will focus on delivering an optimised system and product flow across the whole operation to support Operations in delivering orders in line with our customer proposition, including investigating stock and system issues. As a Flow Technician working in a highly automated distribution centre, you will be required to deal with warehouse management/control systems, simplify complex data into clear and concise communications to operations and engineering and complete data reporting and housekeeping.
Castle Donington is a 24/7 operation that enables M&S to fulfil its customer promise for all its online customer orders. In this role you will be required to work 12 hour shifts, over a 4 week rotating pattern across days and nights to support customer delivery.
This is a temporary opportunity for 6 months and would give you an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a busy control room.
About the role:
Your key accountabilities will be:
- Management of hanging and boxed automation to ensure optimal flow of product throughout the DC to deliver customer proposition in most efficient way
- Follow flow room processes to maximise the opportunity for productivity in both hanging and boxed automation
- Monitoring system performance and ensuring that availability is maximised throughout, escalating issues and engaging with stakeholders whilst minimising operational impact
- Effective engagement and communications between operations and engineering teams especially when issues occur
- Managing order well and investigating customer orders to aid flow and protect CFR
- Efficient and accurate reporting as required to support delivery including systems housekeeping
- Knowledge and application of warehouse management or control systems in an automated warehouse
- Good understanding of the end to end processes in a distribution centre
- Pc literate especially in Excel
- Customer focused with a flexible approach to exceeding targets and proactive task management
- An adaptable and self starting individual who spots issues and opportunities and uses initiative to resolve
- Quick to build rapport and promote teamwork; working with others in the Flow Room and across the wider site operation.