Engineering Spares and Contract Manager
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our M&S team at our highly automated distribution centre in Castle Donington, as an Engineering Spares and Contracts Manager.
You’ll play a key role in leading the delivery of the transformation for engineering spares ensuring we have the correct spares, in the right location via a clear long term strategy, and managing the life cycle of all third party contracts enabling gret service and commercial benefit. This will support our overall engineering strategy to deliver a reliable customer focused engineering function that supports the operational requirements of the business as M&S grows their online sales to a third of the business. Whilst you will have experience within engineering spares management of £3.6m of spares assets, supplier contract management, you will have the ability to think strategically, and have experience in leading and driving transformational change in engineering or similar environments.
About the role
Your key accountabilities and measures will be:
- Lead a multi-functional team of M&S colleagues to deliver outstanding results.
- Creation of a fit for purpose spares delivery team with clear responsibilities that enables the engineering team to work at pace.
- Build a set of robust management processes for the spares lifecycle.
- Put in place a performance enhancing set of KPI’s for internal customers and external suppliers.
- Negotiate existing and new engineering contracts to ensure performance improvements and enhanced service delivery.
- Own the commercial contractual relationships with our key third party suppliers.
- Look for opportunities to improve the engineering provision by sourcing the right key suppliers at the right cost.
- Utilise in-house resource to create objective change control procedures to maintain OEM MTBF/MTTR levels.
- Develop training and development to ensure a stable and capable engineering team, aligned to the engineering skills matrix and never falls below minimum regulatory standards.
- Drive the site engineering & facilities agenda to a “Zero Loss” mind-set through a continuous improvement approach
Your skills and experience will include
- Engineering leadership background with demonstrable experience in Automation or Manufacturing.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen, with an understanding of complex business environment & multiple high criticality contracts
- Coaching and mentoring experience
- Tenacious and adaptable leader who can deliver at pace
- Strong influencing skills
- Project management from scoping to delivery
- Strong stakeholder manager, ideally with third party contract management, with the ability to work in a matrix structure
- Outstanding problem solver who drive for the root cause & permanent corrective action.
Our Castle Donington Distribution Centre is a 900,000 sq ft fully automated site, making it one of the largest and most efficient sites of its kind in the UK. During peak, around two million single orders a week can be processed providing invaluable support to both our website and in-store operations.
In return, you can look forward to an attractive remuneration package that includes an excellent basic salary, discretionary bonus, staff discount and many more, plus the chance to join a leading retailer, who is able to offer genuine career and personal development opportunities